Search our partners

Find the latest content on electronic components. Datasheets.com
Elektroda.com

Fairy lights What to do,so they are constantly on,no flashing

theskid 210 3
    theskid
    Level 2  
    hi
    I'm an electrician with basics electronics experience ,and i have bought 100LED fairy lights for the garden ,problem is they are via a controller that makes them flash and i have them on a timer
    so every time they come on via the timer they start off on the program that makes them flash,but i need only the constant on,theres no memoy aspect
    i was hoping to open the controller and there would be a space for an eeprom chip to allow it to hold a memory,but unfortunately there is no space
    Does anybody know what i can do to either bypass the controller or just make them constant on by default
    thanks heres are some photos Fairy lights What to do,so they are constantly on,no flashing Fairy lights What to do,so they are constantly on,no flashing Fairy lights What to do,so they are constantly on,no flashing Fairy lights What to do,so they are constantly on,no flashing
    gps79
    Level 24  
    It is most likely this thyristor-controlled circuit.
    Desolder the perpendicular plate and thyristors, then bridge the anode and cathode paths of the thyristors. The circuit will shine continuously.

HD-VIDEO
    Level 40  
    If the diagram is as above, then after desoldering the plate - also desolder the capacitor, because it will explode it.

It is also possible:
    Short the thyristor AK without desoldering the plate.

Or remove the driver completely, buy a 1 A / 400 V rectifier bridge + a fuse with 500 mA.