Elektroda.com
Elektroda.com
X
Elektroda.com

Router LTE do modemu Huawei E3372

Shado2025 4518 6
This content has been translated flag-pl » flag-en View the original version here.
    Shado2025
    Level 9  
    Hello,
    I am looking for a Router with the option of connecting the Huawei E3372 HiLink LTE modem.
    I am currently using Dovado 3GN, basically bought quickly, if there was anything. So far, it worked "okay", but recently began to break the connection at a longer load.
    LTE flies from Playa, modem and antenna pull up to 40Mb / s, unfortunately the current router limits it to some 10-15Mb / s.
    So I'm looking for something:
    - Compatible with current modem.
    - Utilizing full achievable bandwidth and dealing with splitting it into min. 3 devices.
    - Supporting WPS.
    - WiFi in N standard, range min. ~ 15m, one wall each way.
    At a price of
    matek451
    Level 43  
    Have you checked with this E3372HiLink how individual LTE bands work with you? Play now has around BTSs with LTE1800, LTE2100, LTE800 and the fastest LTE2600. These 40Mbps are in what band, on which antenna and from which BTS-a. Investment in router to E3372 makes sense at its low cost. The purchase of Dovado 3GN from the beginning was poor, the budget router for this modem is DWR-116 for about 50 PLN, preferably the one from Plus. The alternative is Nexx WT3020 http://allegro.pl/router-openwrt-3g-lte-nexx-wt3020f-nowy-przenosny-i6874841822.html The seller immediately changes his FW to an alternative one and configures it for Hilink.
    Argenau
    Level 10  
    Hello!
    A few months ago a friend of mine was setting up the service you are writing about in the post. It was also about working with LTE on the Play network. I am a long-time user of AVM routers, hence I decided to use the equipment of this manufacturer. The price range you mentioned was the Fritz! Box 4020 router. The configuration of the device is very simple, the router works seamlessly with the Huawei modem. So far, it has not caused any problems. There was only one after configuring the router: for reasons unknown to me, the router after upgrading the software to the latest version (and it does this automatically) saying colloquially "spilled out". It was necessary to re-enter the settings of the dedicated operator. A person who has already been in contact with AVM routers should not take more than 5 minutes.
    Greetings!
    Shado2025
    Level 9  
    I didn't check how can I do it? I found only mobile applications for this purpose, but I will not use the antenna there.
    Antenna: http://www.cybertech.com.pl/p130,antena-dualna-lte-4g-15dbi-do-huawei-e3272-e3372-mimo.html
    The BTS that it targets is broadcast in LTE2100, so I use it rather.
    Are you sure DWR-116 is enough? I have seen many negative opinions about him, including such that it completely fails on several devices and the fact that it loses connection once in a while.
    Nexx WT3020 drops out because of only one LAN port.

Fritz! Box 4020 seems interesting, but this is the upper limit of the budget. Is something cheaper with comparable options?
    matek451
    Level 43  
    There are several Play BTSs in the area working in all LTE bands hence my question. LTEWatchH and Toolbox v0.9 work on E3372HiLink which allow you to force specific LTE bands, show BTS data and signal parameters. 40Mbps only possible with LTE1800 or LTE2600, on LTE2100 Play basically uses 5MHz in MIMO and DL up to 37.5Mbps. I suggested DWR-116 because it is a budget router and as one of the few works on OFW with E3372. I think that in your situation it is not worth investing more than PLN 50 in a router because Play in Krakow uses LTE-A and it is natural to invest in a router with LTE-A and using band aggregation that you will not get on E3372. The cost of such a router from 400 PLN and up. Start by checking LTE Play bands, check other Play BTSs in this area.
    Argenau
    Level 10  
    Hello!
    Users of the equipment, which I mentioned in the previous post, had a TP-link TL-MR3420 router before, although version V.1 (without LTE). On the plus side of this device could be included a strong Wi-Fi signal and very good signal coverage of the operation area. On the other hand, sporadic interruptions in network access - a router restart was necessary. The router permanently operated a laptop, two phones and one tablet, occasionally guest devices. He managed this number of devices without noticeable problems. Unfortunately, the device ended its life with the expiration of the warranty period. That's when I installed Fritz! Box 4020.

The current version of TP-linka MR-3420 already supports the LTE band, and the price of this device fluctuates around half of your budget. Unfortunately, I did not have direct contact with this router, so you have to look for any opinions on the network.
    If you are going to build a stable, efficient, trouble-free network, then you should probably not look for excessive savings. This approach can take revenge - maybe in a short period of time you will spend more money to replace some super cheap Far Eastern invention or for example for some additional Wi-Fi signal amplifiers. The quality of your network will be affected not only by the router's software (even an alternative one), but also by its hardware - unfortunately, there are specific costs. It really can't be done well and super cheap. It all depends on your priority.
    Greetings!
    Shado2025
    Level 9  
    Unfortunately, a funnel came on to me, so all damn tests came and I had to wait for the transfer to reset.
    I used LteWatchH. I checked all the bands and bts around and it turned out that I currently have the fastest internet at 2100MHz from another bts. The one I used so far, actually caught in 1800MHz (according to btsearch there should only be 2100MHz, but I only pulled ~ 5-6Mbit / s on this band), but the bandwidth dropped noticeably, because it was about ~ 20Mbit / s.
    On another BTS, at 2100MHz it pulls slightly over 30Mbit / s.
    I managed to achieve a slightly better result (max 35Mbit / s) outside, without an antenna, at 2600MHz, but the signal was very weak and DL could drop even to 5Mbit / s.
    The connection was raining with the antenna.

It doesn't really make much sense to invest too much. LTE-A is already a bigger expense, so I would rather put it off at another time, and in the meantime it is possible that fiber optics will reach me.
    Are there any alternatives to DWR-116?