Elektroda.com
Elektroda.com
X

Connecting to your home network via a QR code

6702 14
This content has been translated » The original version can be found here
  • Level 12  
    Hello
    I would like to know if it is possible to connect to my home network via a QR code. I mean, if a friend comes, I don't want to give him the WIFI password, just scan his QR and automatically connect to the router. Can this be done?
  • Network and Internet Specialist
    Of course you can, you need to write an application that reads the QR code and connects WIFI to the device.

    Write more why are you looking for such a solution?

    There are routers that have a separate 'guest' WIFI network.
  • Level 12  
    The router is TP-Link TL-WR1043NDv3. Software from TP-Link. It has a guest network that can be turned on in settings. As I wrote, I would like to share WIFI with friends when they come to me, and I do not want to give them a password. Can it be done with the help of some application?
  • Level 41  
    Then set them a guest network without a password or with a different password than you have, what's the problem?
  • Level 13  
    Arturkot123 wrote:
    Hello
    I would like to know if it is possible to connect to my home network via a QR code. I mean, if a friend comes, I don't want to give him the WIFI password, just scan his QR and automatically connect to the router. Can this be done?


    Go to: https://www.qrstuff.com/
    Select from the menu on the left: Wifi Login
    Enter the SSID and password.
    Generate a QR code and print it.

    This should be what you are looking for.
  • Level 12  
    Thanks, I'll check right away.
  • Level 12  
    Well, but who will play decoding? The most important thing is to have access to the net.
  • Level 13  
    sebap wrote:
    You have a simple solution in the post number 4 .


    But he was asking for something else. Your answer did not bring anything.
  • Level 12  
    I will try both solutions and see what's better.
  • Level 41  
    whizzo wrote:
    But he was asking for something else. Your answer did not bring anything.

    I have provided a solution that does not require code scanning, which can easily be bypassed anyway. More importantly, it is available from the router's menu.
    I do not judge you whether my answer brought something or not.
  • Level 13  
    sebap wrote:
    whizzo wrote:
    But he was asking for something else. Your answer did not bring anything.

    I have provided a solution that does not require code scanning, which can easily be bypassed anyway. More importantly, it is available from the router's menu.
    I do not judge you whether my answer brought something or not.


    I do not negate what you advised him, because all working solutions and access issues can be dealt with in many ways. I only deliberately pointed out that the question specifically concerned QR codes in terms of access to the network and this should probably be the answer. On the other hand, I do not intend to play the thread author's spokesperson, so further discussion of the author's intentions does not make much sense.
    greetings
  • Level 21  
    Or maybe combine both solutions, i.e. set separate Wi-Fi "For guests", and this is what access to it through a QR code?