Hello! I have a problem with the configuration of the router with the repeater. Repeater is called Silvercrest SWV 300 C1 and the router is TP-Link td-w8950n (the one with orange). The point is that after some time the repeater terribly slows down, muli internet and with a few devices there is a tragedy at all. Router has IP 192.168.1.1 and repeater 192.168.1.2 .. DHCP on the router compartment .3 to .254. Repeater has DHCP for the car. Wi-fi in b / g mode with wpa2 protection. I hope I have given everything, I am counting on you Greetings.
You can try (if it is possible on the router) to release the network to 802.11g. Unfortunately, your symptoms are the charms of the repeater, which often happen with a weak signal or a large amount of interference in the ether.
It was set so earlier and unfortunately it did not change anything, I came up with another idea: check the operation at network encryption at the lower level, because in the past I had Sagem f @ st 3202 (livebox 1), and I had WEP encryption on it (yes, I know , hopelessness) and everything then flicked perfectly. Only that WEP is practically no security, what to do then?
PS: I am very sorry to raise the speed to 20Mbps, because unfortunately it forced the change of equipment and this TP-link is poor. Sagem hung up with a heavy load, but it was nice, and I had a bit of fondness for him, besides the repeater worked nicely.
Unfortunately, here you have another router on a different chipset that works worse with your repository. Personally, the solution with the repeater is the worst one that can be used. A better solution is the PLC transmitters or the location of the wire and the use of an additional AP.
A better solution is the PLC transmitters or the location of the wire and the use of an additional AP.
That's how it will be in the future, unfortunately as long as the repeater has to suffice. I still use mobile internet mostly and I have a router in the room, but if I have to use neostrada, my blood floods me. Well, if nothing can be done, it's hard, I'm closing.
Some week after the last post I changed the repeater for PLC adapters and the problem definitely disappeared, I did not have to play with mobile internet anymore. Since then, knowledge has come a bit and a lot has changed in my home network (link also). I remembered about the repeater recently and in the client mode reaches 95 Mb / s with a different router (so it is probably limited by 100 Mb / s ports and would have done even more), so the problem was caused by the not too good cooperation of the TD-W8950N repeater. A bit unearthed but I found that it might be worth adding.