Elektroda.com
Elektroda.com
X
Elektroda.com

BMW E60 / E63 - Repair of Actvie Steering

MIKUr1 13800 13
This content has been translated flag-pl » flag-en View the original version here.
    MIKUr1
    Level 10  
    Hello.

I have a problem with the Active Steering system in BMW. In fact, I'm pretty sure (ALL others are excluded) that the driver has fallen and here is the question for one of the best professionals in this country. Can you save him? I checked the diagnostic program carefully and it looks like the processor does not get up. The question was whether it was lacking power? How to check? The suggestion with power supply results from the fact that the error that appears after connecting the interface is an error with too low supply voltage - below 7.5V. The voltage on the connector is checked and it's OK, so it's a problem with the current inside the controller. I enclose a photo and thank you in advance for any tips and suggestions.

BMW E60 / E63 - Repair of Actvie Steering
  • Helpful post
    seat21
    Level 28  
    do the BGA reball first
    MIKUr1
    Level 10  
    I forgot to write that the driver refused to cooperate when the alternator failed. After repairing the Active Steering alternator, it no longer worked. Earlier there were no problems with him, so it certainly is not a coincidence. Do you think it could be a matter of a problem with the connection of the processor to the board, but in the current situation, does it look like the death of a component?
    MIKUr1
    Level 10  
    At the beginning I would like to VERY thank you for your interest in the topic! If you manage to save this rudder, I publicly commit to putting something good to quench your thirst ;) Alternator once reloaded, other times it did not charge. I did not notice it at once, because the car never refused to obey due to the fact that the moments when it did not charge and charge smoothly and quickly entwined. I noticed it only at the last route before the repair of the alternator, when all possible controls were broken and I started the function of checking the charging voltage on the meter. I was far from home, and the car after firing again was driving properly and everything went out, so I found that there is no need for "trucking". I would add that AFS worked right up to the very end. In the yard it was fired 2-3 times and a few meters to the garage "leftover electricity" and again the disco on the clocks. From that moment it was not fired until the alternator was repaired. After folding and firing, I noticed the symptoms and errors mentioned in the first post. Returning to the subject, is the selected system sometimes responsible for powering the electric motor? Or maybe the processor also powers? As I mentioned earlier, after playing with Inpa it looks more like a problem with the processor. I absolutely do not undermine knowledge, especially since mine is certainly much lower, I am just trying to do something like a brainstorming and bring this dead man back to life :)
    seat21
    Level 28  
    but it is with the communication module and what errors exactly if there is communication first try to translate the disem driver or ist
    MIKUr1
    Level 10  
    bledy:

0x612C hardware error control device
    0x613A Supply voltage Kl. 30 (
    MIKUr1
    Level 10  
    Due to the fact that I did not want to have a grounded car, I bought a "new" driver. After rewriting the VIN, everything started working as it should. Nevertheless, I will try to fix this and if I can find anything, I will write here. If anyone had any suggestions, ideas and advice leading to saving the rudder in advance thank you very much and I will try to somehow return the favor :)
    MIKUr1
    Level 10  
    The driver took my uncle who repaired various types of drivers in the mines. He immediately ruled out damage to the element marked a few posts above and is unlikely to suspect processor damage. If something is known, of course I will inform :)
  • Helpful post
    marcin_70
    Level 21  
    Hi
    Recently, I was going through a similar topic ... https://www.elektroda.pl/rtvforum/topic3400030.html#16851625
    the cause of my problems was a poured mpc batch (same FFFF) you can try to read the contents of the BDM memory (because it is a construction like edc16) and check how "erased" you can copy the batch from new to old ...
    Tomkoff
    Level 8  
    Hello, I have the same problem with the title driver, anyone has info how to connect bdm with this driver to read the memory? Unless there is another way to fix a 612C internal driver error?
    MIKUr1
    Level 10  
    BDM as in EDC16, points from the right having the controller connector facing each other. The problem will probably be with the charge.
    adamek2828
    Level 10  
    Hello,
    my AS driver probably got flooded (water on the passenger floor) but when opened inside it was dry as pepper and no signs of corrosion. Do you have any schematics for this driver to check the voltage?
    ps. In addition to water on the pavement (leakage of the door, specifically the foam between the side and the door) I was struggling with the problem of a weak battery a few times I fired on the cables 2-3 times. And I don't know if, as you write, maybe the batch was damaged from surges, What do you think?