Elektroda.com
Elektroda.com
X

Search our partners

Find the latest content on electronic components. Datasheets.com
Elektroda.com

Skoda Fabia 1.4 16V 75HP - Throttle spray cleaning

ber 9801 11
This content has been translated flag-pl » flag-en View the original version here.
    ber
    Level 14  
    I wanted to clean the throttle but preferably without unscrewing it. I heard there are different sprays, I even went to a car shop where there was a K2 product. Is it safe ? The preparation and impurities will get into the engine.
    Alternatively, if someone used such a spray can advise what to use?

Throttles want to clean because the engine sometimes (not always) loses power when accelerating (except that nothing happens: the revs do not wave, the engine does not go off etc. etc.). I replaced the filters, I wanted to clean the dampers now and see if that would help.
    piotrekwoj1
    Level 39  
    I don't think this is a problem.
    Mermania
    Level 7  
    Do not clean this damper with any spray or adapt it.
    Misiek8161
    Level 9  
    In my opinion, it will be better to unscrew it and clean it on the table. I personally cleaned with extraction gasoline
    ber
    Level 14  
    Misiek8161 wrote:
    In my opinion, it will be better to unscrew it and clean it on the table.

I think so too. Only because I'm not sure if this is the cause of the fault, I try to minimize the workload :) Probably if I had my own, spacious, well-equipped garage, I wouldn't even ask, undress and clean it.
    Misiek8161
    Level 9  
    Disassembly and cleaning takes a maximum of 1 hour, or will help eliminate the cause, this will not guarantee, but it will definitely improve the engine's working culture. You can try it if it doesn't help, although you will be sure that the problem lies elsewhere
    seba694637
    Level 16  
    Gentlemen, extraction gasoline or IPA isopropanol. Come on, the latter will be better. Damper disassembly is to remove 4-5 screws. For rough cleaning you can use a brush and then a small brush. Work for 05-1h. As it was written earlier - the described defect does not have to be due to a dirty throttle. But from time to time cleaning is worth it
    ber
    Level 14  
    I did the spray cleaning. Contrary to what I read on the internet, it was necessary to reset errors and adapt (the engine went crazy).
    Since it did not help much, I removed the throttle, I thoroughly cleaned it and it seems to me that it works ok (I do not know how to check it thoroughly - it opens and closes, the computer does not show errors). The flap edge after cleaning with spray was clean but the rest inside was very dirty.
    Unfortunately, in the work of the car nothing has changed - still no power at some revolutions (although the rev range during which there is no power changed).
    Misiek8161
    Level 9  
    In what condition is the ignition system? Did you exchange something with him? . The computer certainly did not show any errors? type flow meter, shaft position sensor?. Also, did you check the fuel pressure? and injection?

Added after 43 [minutes]:

Now it occurred to me, you say that in some rev ranges it loses power? fully ? and in fixed ranges? because from what I associate you have no gas line but you have electronic control. So I would start by checking the sensors at the pedal and the throttle, but the computer should rather show an error
    ber
    Level 14  
    @ Misiek8161 Thanks for the tips. I broke down slightly with the throttle because I was sure it was it. Why? First of all, probably 2 years ago, the mechanic told me that one day it would be useful to clean the throttle, but that it is not urgent (something looked at his computer and so deduced), secondly, even changing the air filter 2 weeks ago changed the engine slightly, and as I sprayed the throttle spray now, for a short drive (1km) it was ok and then no power, wavy revolutions etc. so I took off the throttle and thoroughly cleaned it.

Misiek8161 wrote:
    the computer certainly did not show any errors? type flow meter, shaft position sensor?. Also, did you check the fuel pressure? and injection?

No, there are no significant errors and there were none (except for cleaning the throttle). In fact, the only thing planned to do in the car is to replace the alternator belt (it starts squeaking).
    Misiek8161 wrote:
    Are you saying that in some rev ranges it loses power? fully ? and in fixed ranges?

Currently, the car has decent power only from about 3000 revolutions. It looks like that if I want to accelerate quite dynamically in the 2nd gear I need to push the gas in maximally.

A friend advised me to pour a lot of liquid for cleaning the throttle to the throttle while the engine was running and "burn" the whole so that the exhaust pipe went gray smoke (apparently it helped him).
    Misiek8161
    Level 9  
    It looks like low fuel pressure. At the beginning I would check the pressure on the strip, and then check the injections
    ber
    Level 14  
    To close the topic I will write that the cause of the problems was not the throttle but the ignition coil. Although it did not give any "permanent" error it was the beginning of its end. Contrary to what I read, that the coil either works or does not work - this worked only that not not as it should ;) After replacement, the car regained its power.