Elektroda.com
X
Elektroda.com

Skoda Fabia 1.4 mpi 68km 2002 - Problem - Fabia I oil change in the gearbox

14307 8
This content has been translated » The original version can be found here
  • Level 3  
    I am asking you for help.

Today I decided to replace the transmission oil in my Fabi I 1.4 mpi / 68 km. After entering the channel it turned out that there is no oil drain plug in the gearbox ... there is only an inflow. I did some searching on the net and I found info that vw gebels decided that there is no need for a trigger in these cases up to 1.4 mpi (in other Fabia I models there are ;) ), because the oil is lifelong :D I am surprised that in the Felicia 1.3 mpi the gearbox has an oil drain, and from what I know in both engines the gearbox is structurally the same.

Maybe some of you have already exchanged oil in this box? Or maybe he has an idea how to do it? Can it drain the oil through the reverse gear sensor? In the attachment I am sending photos, on which I marked the filler cap (blue), the place of the oil drain plug in Felicja 1.3 and which in fact in 1.4 mpi there is no (empty) (pink), reverse sensor (green), lid hole to the unknown (red).

Skoda Fabia 1.4 mpi 68km 2002 - Problem - Fabia I oil change in the gearbox Skoda Fabia 1.4 mpi 68km 2002 - Problem - Fabia I oil change in the gearbox Skoda Fabia 1.4 mpi 68km 2002 - Problem - Fabia I oil change in the gearbox
  • Level 41  
    If they do not want change, why change? You can always take out the chest and pour it out :-)
  • Level 3  
    Ireneo wrote:
    If they do not want change, why change?
    why change the oil in the engine? why do you want to do something with the car?
    Ireneo wrote:
    You can always take out the chest and pour it out :-)
    you are very brilliant ;)

I care about what I exchange, it works and it just consumes
  • Level 41  
    The oil in the engine is recommended to change and here the manufacturer, you write yourself, does not provide replacement so what do you want to change?
  • Level 3  
    he just wants to change it ;) Nobody will convince me that after 16 years and over 185 thousand mileage, the oil has the same properties as at the beginning, or that the manufacturer of this box (with 1.4mpi) flooded super hyper oil. As I have already stated, the remaining engines in Fabi I had oil / oil drain plugs and the service itself exchanged them.
  • Level 16  
    There are some mechanics who recommend replacing 100,000 km. And I did it because the oil was old after 10 years and the cost was not great.
  • Level 18  
    RaphaelPÂl wrote:
    in 1.4 mpi there is no [blank space] (pink)
    It's on the other side. Under the left pˇ│oÂi▒.
  • Level 43  
    In the new 1,6tdi boxes, the trigger is the reverse and there is no filler. You are going through the breather:) how much will you give so much + -
  • Level 23  
    hobbista wrote:
    RaphaelPÂl wrote:
    in 1.4 mpi there is no [blank space] (pink)
    It's on the other side. Under the left pˇ│oÂi▒.

In my chest 002 from 2002, there is no drain plug, only the end cap in the cast. I poured the oil through a backlight sensor with raised rear right wheel, it was 1.75l, and before pouring the level was in the box and the entry was 2l.
    Interestingly, I never exchanged oil or added and the car is 17 years old and over 300,000. km. The oil looked pretty ok, it was transparent, brown, but on pure white paper. Zero metal filings. The box worked very well, there were no problems with switching on any gear. I poured oil out of pure curiosity, and that I bought a new one, I flooded Manoll 75W90 Extra Getriebeoel API GL 4 / GL 5 LS, straw color like Kujawski oil. :-)
    The same amount of oil (1.75l) got in, what I poured out.
    In total, you can buy a 100ml syringe and a 6mm tube on the syringe and take out some oil and check how it looks like it's not a replacement. :-)
    For me after the exchange, I do not feel any significant differences, maybe a little better, but this is probably a placebo effect and spent PLN 41 on oil. ;-)