Elektroda.com
Elektroda.com
X

Cutting an old sim card to Nano

12126 8
This content has been translated » The original version can be found here
  • Level 12  
    Hello, if I can cut the old sim card with a plus of 14 years, once I cut it to micro and work for 8 years but to nano it would need to cut the copper edges a little. The second thing is to cut or grind, for example, with a grinder :) ?

Here the photo, at the top is a newer micro sim card, and the lower cut old micro card and which I would like to cut to the nano if possible. Some write that each can be cut, and others again that old are not suitable.
  • Level 1  
  • Moderator - GSM
    Ask for a duplicate card in the form of a nano in the operator's salon.
    The new card will be able to break it to the selected format.
  • Level 38  
    Can be cut / sanded without a problem, but the problem may be the thickness. Nano cards are thinner in thickness and this cut can be blocked in the reader, so it's better to exchange for a new one like I did for free in Orange.
  • Level 38  
    It was possible, but then I went to the operator for a new one - he kicked the phone with nano, and put it in a drawer working with microSIM was fun despite cutting his adapter :(
    Anyway, I read that the old do not work with LTE, and the second reason was also.
    The exchange was free, five minutes and after the case.
  • Level 38  
    g107r wrote:
    Anyway, I read that the old do not work with LTE, and the second reason was also.

This is also a drink on the water I had a card on which theoretically LTE should not work and it was working - a solid yellow card still with the IDEA POP logo. :)
    I do not know how they do it now, but now most of the operations are done on the network itself and the SIM card is just an inconvenient relic of the past.
  • Level 16  
    E8600 wrote:
    for free in Orange.

Orange, by chance, does not want to exchange PLN 25?
  • Level 38  
    In theory, if you go to them and say that you have damaged or lost the sim card, you will pay, but if you say you have problems with the sim card, you will ask for an exchange, it is very likely that you will get a free exchange. In my case, no one checked my old sim card and got a new consultant from the salon to the head office after the phone. At the outset, I pointed out that I will not pay anything for anything as I will not exchange it, I will go to the competition. :)
  • Level 16  
    Thanks for the idea, I also threaten the transition to the competition :D