Elektroda.com
Elektroda.com
X

DRL lights in direction indicators

16374 19
This content has been translated » The original version can be found here
  • Level 4  
    Welcome to all Colleagues in this forum. I recently bought and installed in my Scenic DRL lights in the direction indicators for daytime driving. Everything works, but I have a question for you. Where to get a "+" after the DRL power station? There is a box with relays and fuses in the engine compartment. There, it would be the closest and most convenient to mount the DRL off relay when switching on the position lights.

This is how a strip with relays and fuses looks like in this case: DRL lights in direction indicators
    And underneath:
    I was looking for yellow wires because they have a "+" after the ignition. In fuses and relays there is only "+" after the ignition switch on the coil and relay 13 of the fuel pump and on the 12 airbag and ASR power fuse. At first I joined the yellow orange wire in the joint of the larger white cube.

It turned out that this cable connects to the fuse 12. So I gave up this wire. I am afraid of any disturbances to the airbag or ASR. I shoved the yellow coil of the fuel pump relay coil. Only there is one! Will it not be an extra charge? The cable is quite thin. Here I have diode data mounted in these bulbs:
    Smd LED 4014 - 6800K
    Brightness 22- 28 lm
    IF 60mA
    VF- 2.3-3.4V; 0,2W
    Cri 80

One light bulb has 30 white and 30 yellow LEDs. So 60 diodes (daylight) or 30 yellow (direction indicators) are lit at once.
    From this it would seem that one bulb has 6W. So both have 12W power. So how many of these bulbs are pulling amps? 3.6A (60pcs x 60mA)? But is it possible? There is a 2A fuse on the circuit protection. What does not it crash?

So how to do it? Directly connect to the pump relay coil power supply cable? Can it, however, through the second relay and then "+" take it directly from the aku? Is there any sense to do something like that? Can these DRLs really interfere with the proper operation of the pump relay coil?

I checked the voltage at the relay contacts of the pump. There is a fixed + on one contact. So it's gone. On the second when I apply the meter to the coil supplying wire a - to - aku the meter shows voltage but with -. After connecting + DRL, the bulbs do not shine under this cable.
  • Level 43  
    The yellow cable on the relay No. 13 is the ignition.
  • Level 4  
    milejow wrote:
    The yellow cable on the relay No. 13 is the ignition.

I know that yellow is "+" after the ignition. At first I was plugged into a thin yellow cable feeding the fuel pump relay coil directly from the "+" DRL power supply. Today, I made a circuit for two relays. I drew a diagram beforehand. Then, according to him, I made connections. I asked if 1A would not put too much pressure on the pump relay coil? But I did not receive the answer to this question. And I will not wait for the answer forever. Now there is a max load somewhere between 120-150 mA.

• Level 4  
    I suggest that we move our discussion from implicit (PW) to public. It will be more convenient for us. And maybe thanks to this more people will be involved in this discussion.

That's what these lights look like (those I have got 60led):
    In this picture you can see more clearly what and how?

From the bulb (in my case 60 led) come three wires. For some + turn signal diodes, + DRL diode and third cable common ground?
    The two wires enter the CAN filter. The third terminated bar is used to connect to the second bulb (white DRL diodes). The CAN filter is also connected with two wires with the luminaire (in my case type PY21W). This fitting is screwed in place of the twisted bulb of direction indicators. It is still done so as not to cut off and do not change the wires that no matter where it is + on the luminaire, the direction indicators are lit.

In the set there is a piece of cable for connecting + the power supply of both DRL diode bulbs (in principle, there are two wires terminated with female plugs connected to one cable). The cable has a protection in the form of a glass tube fuse 2A. In addition, the set includes a relay for switching off the DRL lights when switching on the position lights. There is a lighting connection scheme attached to the relay.

According to this scheme, the relay coil is to be connected to ground and to + position lights. The contact 30 should be connected + after the ignition switch. For contact 87a + power supply DRL. If there is no voltage on the coil, the contacts 30 and 87a are shorted. When the voltage appears the contact 30 opens with contact 87a and closes with 87. The DRL power is disconnected. Previously, I asked a question where to connect this power supply + DRL after the ignition?

One of the Colleagues in this forum at PW put forward such a solution. Connect the LEDs to + positional. Relay 30 contact directly under the battery. Connect + DRL power to terminal 87. Connect ground to terminal 85 of the relay coil. Up to 86 + after ignition. The whole problem with this LED mass. The common weight DRL and direction indicators are taken from the holder of the direction-indicator bulb.
  • Level 30  
    Two wires come to the gearbox, to the reverse light switch. On one it is + after ignition and you can connect to it. (On the second voltage appears after turning on the reverse and supplies the reversing lamps.)
  • Level 39  
    In my Scenic (from 2008) I was very much concerned about the 12V power supply for DLR lights. I wanted to download from the wipers, because w / g any data in the sky and on the ground there should always be 12V. Unfortunately it was not - Renault. To rule out any electronic failures I went on the smallest line of resistance and pulled the cable from the power supply of the lighter.
  • Level 4  
    You can also do it. But this is an additional job with this piercing into the cabin of the car. I was looking for the simplest solution - power supply and relay in the engine compartment. Bulbs basically also fit into the engine compartment. So there is no problem with the combination of all this. Previously, I had done on one relay. With power + DRL, I hooked up to the power supply of the fuel pump relay coil. I was afraid that this 1A additional load on the coil could somehow harm her work. I waited for a specific answer. It is true that in addition to the power supply of the pump relay coil there are also other yellow wires supplying the ignition with various devices in the engine compartment. Only what they feed? I would not like the car to suddenly turn off somewhere on a further journey because suddenly the fuel pump stopped working or some other thing. In order not to load this coil so much I made a system on two relays (it is always a load almost 10 times smaller, because somewhere within 120 max. 150 mA). Instead of + DRL power supply under + power supply the relay coil of the pump is connected + coil power to one of the relays. Power + DRL is now taken directly from + aku.

I'm wondering if it would be possible to connect these lights at all without a relay? Only damn that mass of DRL diodes! That's how I would connect the DRL mass to parking masses, + DRL to + aku. And that's it ! The relay would be operated by the position light switch on the steering wheel.
  • Level 32  
    Does this modification have approval? Can you ride it on the road?
  • Level 32  
    So, for an old car, daytime running lights are just a dedicated exterior with E4 or an automatic dipped beam headlamp? There is no other way? (these direction indicators seemed so simple)
  • Level 43  
    Yes, that's it. I don't know just because you want Dutch approval.
  • Level 4  
    The daytime running lamps I have presented do not have approval. I've been riding with them for 5 years and so far no one is picking on me. Of course, a car with such review lights will not pass.
  • Level 43  
    The review they pass depends on how and where. The problem may be during a collision.
    After the last minute, the police officer vigorously examined all the lights and tires in the car. He put it all in the minutes. Including headlight range corrector setting.
  • Level 4  
    When I go for a review, I disconnect the daytime running lights. I leave only the orange directions. Recently on the review they immediately noticed that I had LED directions, but they let me through.
  • Level 2  
    Added after 7 [minutes]:

hornet2 wrote:
    When I go for a review, I disconnect the power of the daytime running lights. I leave only the orange directions. Recently on the review they immediately noticed that I had LED directions, but they let me through.

hornet2 how did you disconnect the white LEDs? Just mount the switch on the power cord going from the cube to both bulbs?
  • Level 4  
    I have these lights on two relays. I put them in a box in the engine compartment on the left. Disconnecting the + cable from the relay. Only turn signals work.
  • Level 2  
    I made connections closer to the headlights, but if I disconnect the cable where there is a pipe fuse, will it have the same effect?
  • Level 21  
    Hey,
    In order not to start a new topic, I wanted to ask if there are these types of two-color bulbs with approval? The point is that no policeman or nobody will get stuck. I am looking but I either do it wrong or just something like that does not exist because there is no approval information in any such set.
  • Level 43  
    And your headlights are approved for daytime running lights?