Elektroda.com
Elektroda.com
X

Replacement of halogen with LEDs and transformer

4470 7
This content has been translated » The original version can be found here
  • Level 4  
    Hi,

I would like to inform you in advance that in terms of current, voltage, etc., I am a total layman, so if any of my questions is ridiculous, please let me know. Namely, I currently have halogen lighting in the kitchen, three bulbs seem 35W, as in the photo below:
    because they shine a little weak and additionally heat very much, I decided to replace them with LED bulbs, but my current lighting is connected to a transformer:

and here my question, if the LEDs operate at 230V, will they work in conjunction with this transformer? Should I choose any other bulbs for this set? I am asking for your understanding because I am green in this matter.

the bulbs I want to buy are:
  • Level 25  
    The bulbs you want to buy operate on 230V, so no trafo is needed.
  • Level 40  
    Current power cables from the transformer to the 12V bulb holder, when changing to LED GU10 230V, must be adapted to 230V.

The transformer alone will not be needed for LED 230V, in addition, such a transformer consumes about 10..15W (VA) for itself, so that we lose unnecessarily power.
  • Level 43  
    And why don't you buy LED on MR16 to do nothing?
  • Level 38  
    Purchase of LED with 12V AC, DC marking.
    By the way, they are more durable than gu 10.

Added after 32 [seconds]:

Of course you don't have to change the installation.
  • Level 4  
    Thank you for all the answers, I can't remove the transformer (I think) because I also have the lighting above the hood connected to it. In that case, I will buy a 12v led, because it will probably be the simplest solution, do you recommend any specific company?
  • Level 43  
    Go to the store and choose the ones that match the color of the light and its intensity. In addition, the color of the frame and cover. Matte, semi-matte.
  • Level 40  
    V_arcH wrote:
    I will buy a led for 12v

As above; the 12V LED socket should be written 12V AC / DC