Elektroda.com
Elektroda.com
X

Search our partners

Find the latest content on electronic components. Datasheets.com
Elektroda.com

Skoda Octavia 1.9 TDI 110 HP - What to look for when buying?

bbxb 8295 16
This content has been translated flag-pl » flag-en View the original version here.
  • #1
    bbxb
    Level 31  
    Hi,
    I have an eye on the Skoda Octavia 1.9 TDI 110 HP from 2004 with mileage of 344,000. Car from 3 owner, Poland showroom. Book kept up to 123,000.

    What to look for when buying? What are the most common faults?

    I drove the car, worried about weak brakes and slow acceleration. On a cold idle engine, nothing shakes, works evenly.

    Car from the dealer, engine washed, etc. :-)


    Greetings!
  • Helpful post
    #2
    sadek1979
    Cars specialist
    Connect the computer, check the varnish tester and minimize the risk of fusing. If you do not have equipment, go to the diagnostics and check.
  • Helpful post
    #3
    robokop
    VIP Meritorious for electroda.pl
    bbxb wrote:
    I drove the car, worried about weak brakes and slow acceleration. On a cold idle engine, nothing shakes, works evenly.
    So what are you still thinking about?
    bbxb wrote:
    Car from the dealer, engine washed, etc.
    This plus mileage should disqualify this car from further consideration. Weak points - rotting tailgate, front sills plus front fenders. For this fast dying maglow, front wheel bearings and swingarm rubber, window lifters and central electrics. As for the brakes, it's probably a leaky servo / worn vacup pump, plus the cheapest "Tomex" or "male" blocks. Weak acceleration? Standard - flow meter, turbine control, turbine itself, hole somewhere in the inlet. In general, as with a trader, you can expect everything and everywhere.
  • Helpful post
    #4
    sadek1979
    Cars specialist
    robokop don't scare your friend because he will ride he bike. The truth is that not everything can always be seen and captured. As I wrote, if you have no experience or you don't know cars well, ask someone to come with you.
  • #5
    bbxb
    Level 31  
    Thanks Colleagues for the answers :)

    What he wrote robokop it can be very possible because after starting the car, I waited for a minute and turned the steering wheel right-left not even completely but there was already some gentle hissing from the support - it could be this maglownica. The trader said it was because of 16tki tires.

    As for the weak brakes, the trader said that the pads must reach because the car was left unused for several weeks. I drove this car from 5 km and overall, somehow, braking has not improved so well.

    As for acceleration, I drove a few years Vectra C polift 1.9 CDTI 150 KM Z19DTH. I know that it is different technology and different engines, but in Vectra after pressing the gas pedal it pressed into the seat like in Boeing at the start. It also felt a light turbo-hole and generally knew exactly when the turbo was working and when it wasn't (and the turbo was working).

    Here in Octavia it is so that after pressing the gas there is no violent reaction, there is uniform acceleration, zero turbo tube, it's hard to feel whether the turbo is working or not. I assume that Octavi is a motor of an older generation than it was in Vectra, so the turbo tube should be more noticeable than in Vectra. Octavia makes a lot of noise when accelerating, the engine runs evenly, it feels that the meter is already from 100 km / ha on the meter we have about 60 km / h. There is no transmission ratio to the wheels. For 110 hp I have a feeling that it should go a little better.

    On cold sterile works evenly, the clutch works well, no knocks, no errors on the board. Cepik, UFG insurance base, autoDNA are all tested and true. Of course, the car is sealed, the engine is washed, like a dealer :)

    What are the possible costs of parts and labor of what he wrote robokop ? I omit topics like the swingarm rubber, because it will probably be for pennies.

    Greetings!

    Edit: ah, and of course the electrical control of one rear window does not work :) so as he wrote robokop something with this electrics glass may be wrong. The trader said that the engine works only a plastic "latch" has fallen.
  • Helpful post
    #6
    tzok
    Moderator of Cars
    The window lifts on the links break, the repair is not too complicated (in Fabia and Octavia II you need to drill and then rivet), there are repair kits. Unless you broke the engine mount, it will be more expensive. But this is "pikuļ" for other faults.
  • #7
    robokop
    VIP Meritorious for electroda.pl
    tzok wrote:
    Unless you broke the engine mount, it will be more expensive. But this is "pikuļ" for other faults.
    You got something mixed up. As a rule, in octavia if the glass does not work, it either grinded the lines, or some plastic slide broke - then they also grinded the lines, or the fault is in the cables - broken bundle. Repair parts in the first two cases from PLN 80 and up.
    bbxb wrote:
    I waited for a minute and turned the steering wheel right-left not even quite but there was already a slight hissing sound from the assist - it could be this maglownica.
    It may hiss, this is not a malfunction. Unless you confuse it with a pump howl.
    bbxb wrote:
    The trader said it was because of 16tki tires.
    Nonsense. 16 tires are a failure for other reasons.
    bbxb wrote:
    Here in Octavia it is so that after pressing the gas there is no violent reaction, there is uniform acceleration, zero turbo tube, it's hard to feel whether the turbo is working or not. I assume that Octavi is a motor of an older generation than it was in Vectra, so the turbo tube should be more noticeable than in Vectra.
    Don't assume anything because you are wrong.
    bbxb wrote:
    shows no errors on the board.
    You know what? With your knowledge you are on your way to blend some zlotys.
  • #8
    tzok
    Moderator of Cars
    robokop wrote:
    You got something mixed up. As a rule, in octavia if the glass does not work, it either grinded the lines, or some plastic slide broke - then they also grinded the lines, or the fault is in the cables - broken bundle. Repair parts in the first two cases from PLN 80 and up.
    I did not mix anything, if the cable gets into the engine it can damage it - it grinds the transmission or breaks the mount. I wrote that this is the last resort, but in the car from the dealer you can often find various strange and partially fixed / masked defects. Usually, the sliders (slides) break, but this is a small matter in combination with potential faults of the drive system. Recently, a colleague at Fabia did a repair kit (links + slides, without guides) ~ PLN 30, to Octavia And I see that they are at a similar price.
  • #9
    robokop
    VIP Meritorious for electroda.pl
    tzok wrote:
    I did not mix anything, if the cable gets into the engine it can damage it - it grinds the gearbox or breaks the mount

    I assure you that I will not. They will not grind the transmission, only the replaceable roller is destroyed. If the engine is too heavy, it just stops. I made dozens of these lifts. The engine link as such will never get - it is a separate component.
  • Helpful post
    #10
    tzok
    Moderator of Cars
    Let it be you, which does not mean that the engine cannot be damaged (e.g. water may get into it). I know the construction of this lift, because as I wrote a week ago I repaired it. There it broke the whole drum / roller (the cable got under it and already had a socket in the engine module that this drum falls into) and one engine mount was pulled out, but it could be assembled without replacing the drive module ... only what does it matter ? Either way, it's a penny to repair, compared to replacing a clutch or turbine.
  • #11
    bbxb
    Level 31  
    What can be the approximate cost of repairing these defects described by me (brakes, acceleration, window, maglow) ??
  • Helpful post
    #12
    andrzej20001
    Level 43  
    This mate does not even know the diviner Maciej. :) Look for another car. To start packing 2-3 thousand without sense.
  • Helpful post
    #13
    Woziowsky
    Level 9  
    Just like Andrzej writes. Packing in such an Octavia makes no sense. The struggle with finding the cause of the lack of acceleration is a pile of nerves and money. Give up cars from dealers, they do not know the past of cars, nothing can be learned from them. They also often fail to mask faults that return with redoubled power.
  • Helpful post
    #15
    Kantylena
    Level 20  
    And I would start from how we know that the car is troubled by such defects? Is it not better to drive to the control stations and check on the health path?
    This car is 14 years old, it will be hard to find others in perfect condition.
    Lack of power - preferably dynamic logs but the trader may not allow or measure on the dynamometer

    what would i do ride and watch other octaves, golf, a3 or forests, toledo with these units and see how they drive.

    And here I will also confirm that cars from dealers are often uncertain, they have to earn so they don't buy perfect copies, but rather the worst ones.
  • #16
    bbxb
    Level 31  
    Or maybe it's better to go and look for something at http://www.autohus.de/?

    was someone buying a car there?

    I got this link from a friend, there are probably only flotation cars there ... is it worth looking for?
  • Helpful post
    #17
    Kantylena
    Level 20  
    According to me, looking for such a populus abroad is probably not profitable ... but it depends

    However, instead of looking for tdi with a huge mileage and toys that can break down, e.g. turbo, can't go into gasoline? 1.8 L or 2.0 - lower real mileage and in my opinion cheaper potential repairs