Elektroda.com
Elektroda.com
X
Elektroda.com

[Solved] Fiat seicento 900 young - Independent seal replacement. A few questions.

10644 15
This content has been translated » The original version can be found here
  • Level 11  
    Hello.

Fiat seicento 900 young

I have already driven over 20,000 Fiat. km without major failures. From the beginning from the side of the collector, the engine released minimal oil. So I decided to change the gasket under the head myself, so I have a few questions before I start the job.

So far I have unscrewed the heads in the motorbike v (two timing chains) so I think I can handle the seicento too. The difficulty is that I want to start this up in a local parking lot, as soon as it would not irritate people.

Hence, I have several questions:

- from the photos that I saw on the internet, it appears that the timing can not be changed when the head is unscrewed. Is that so?
    - you do not have to drain the whole liquid from the radiator?
    - how do the valves in the engine open (which pushes these valves)?
    - is it enough to replace the gasket and clean the engine block with solvent or do I need to sand with sandpaper?
    - head if it is straight and it can be mounted without planning, without planning?

Maybe some other advice on what to look for?
    Please reply.
  • Level 34  
    Timing can be changed when the head is removed, because the camshaft there is in the engine block and valves controlled by pushers, a keyboard screwed on the head and hydraulic pushers / slackeners in the lever on the keyboard. When reassembling, it would be good to keep pushers and clearers in the same way as they were before disassembly, i.e. "from where you removed it and put in there". Next thing is it sure you're leaking from the head, or is it leaking from under the cover of the keyboard, valves and it is not necessary to remove the head? I ask, because the exhaust manifold is screwed to the head (the sucker is one casting with the head) and the UPG is below the collector, so the leaking oil would only flow under the collector around the engine block and it's hard to even notice in this car, unless on the duct or hoist. After removing the head it is rather necessary to plan the head, the needed torque wrench for reassembly. Of course, you can do it without it, but it is rather "drukujstwo" and it is not known for how long such "repair" is enough. I advise you to check carefully this leak of this oil. These engines have "yes" that they usually leak from under the valve cover and do not need to disassemble the head. The dripping oil just collects nicely in such a "special" outlet on the exhaust manifold.
  • Level 43  
    It's better not to take off the head because sweating this engine is the norm, and more you can unite than repair it.
  • Moderator of Cars
    a) no, the OHV engine, the camshaft is in the engine block;
    b) if you do not do it, it mixes with the oil, so it's better to drain the fluid than to change the oil;
    c) the valves are pushing through the valve levers and the pushers through the camshaft;
    d) depends on the surface condition, the scraper should be enough;
    e) it will not be easy ...

Here are some photos: http://reniferu.blog.onet.pl/2012/08/12/wymiana-uszczelki-pod-glowica/

You are sure that the leak is from under the head, not the valve cover: http://cento.p2a.pl/viewtopic.php?id=26346
  • Level 11  
    wojtek1234321 wrote:
    Timing can be changed when the head is removed, because the camshaft there is in the engine block and valves controlled by pushers, a keyboard screwed on the head and hydraulic pushers / slackeners in the lever on the keyboard. When reassembling, it would be good to keep pushers and clearers in the same way as they were before disassembly, i.e. "from where you removed it and put in there". Next thing is it sure you're leaking from the head, or is it leaking from under the cover of the keyboard, valves and it is not necessary to remove the head? After removing the head, it is necessary to plan the head, torque wrench during reassembly. Of course, you can do it without it, but it is rather "drukujstwo" and it is not known for how long such "repair" is enough.I advise thoroughly check this leakage of this oil. These engines "have" that usually flows from just under the valve cover to you do not need to disassemble the head. The dripping oil just gets nicely collected in such a "special" outlet on the exhaust manifold.

Today I cleaned the engine around the head and after driving about 20km you can see very gently leaking oil (sweating) in the vicinity of the ignition device, there is also a little oil under the exhaust manifold (on the engine block) ..

I replaced the hydraulic gasket and pushers about a year ago - props pushers. 90% of the gasket under the head leaks. I passed almost 30,000. km a bit fear because I like to do routes 300 - 400 km one way ...
    Recently, as I was warmed up by the car on the burial, it was my hair that stood up in horror and I immediately thought of the engine and the gasket ..

Added after 18 [minutes]:

tzok wrote:
    a) no, the OHV engine, the camshaft is in the engine block;
    b) if you do not do it, it mixes with the oil, so it's better to drain the fluid than to change the oil;
    c) the valves are pushing through the valve levers and the pushers through the camshaft;
    d) depends on the surface condition, the scraper should be enough;
    e) it will not be easy ...

Here are some photos: http://reniferu.blog.onet.pl/2012/08/12/wymiana-uszczelki-pod-glowica/

You are sure that the leak is from under the head, not the valve cover: http://cento.p2a.pl/viewtopic.php?id=26346

So that it is sweating, which can be seen on the engine and there is not even a drop of oil on the place where I park.
    I have replaced the gasket under the cover and do not leak from it.

Through these 28 thousand km which I traveled I added from 1l of oil and maybe a little more or less.

So take care of it or leave it and wait for it to drip?

Thanks for your answers so far.
  • Level 21  
    Hello.
    I exchanged the UPG in Seicento, but 1.1MPI. In the parking lot under the block I would not have taken such a procedure.
    The head should be cast for planning - it is certainly not simple. A small cost, a service performed in 2-3 hours.
    Without the torque wrench, do not even try to take it - damage to the gasket and your work.
    In 1.1MPI, a channel was used to unscrew the intake manifold (difficult access to the bolts) - here it is with the head - it will be simpler.
    Remember to set the timing correctly before removing the head - in addition, you can make markers with paint.
    Greetings.
  • Level 34  
    D_Mrozu wrote:
    Remember to set the timing correctly before removing the head - in addition, you can make markers with paint.
    Greetings.

Here in 900 - hundreds of timing "will not move", the camshaft, as mentioned above, in the engine block and it is not possible to change it after dismantling the head.
  • Level 11  
    D_Mrozu wrote:
    Hello.
    I exchanged the UPG in Seicento, but 1.1MPI. In the parking lot under the block I would not have taken such a procedure.
    The head should be cast for planning - it is certainly not simple. A small cost, a service performed in 2-3 hours.
    Without the torque wrench, do not even try to take it - damage to the gasket and your work.
    In 1.1MPI, a channel was used to unscrew the intake manifold (difficult access to the bolts) - here it is with the head - it will be simpler.
    Greetings.

From what I noticed, disassembly of the head in s900 should take 1h at most.
    The biggest problem will be draining the cooling liquid - poorer access and housing conditions.
    Then planning. Car in max. Three days should be done. He would leave me in the parking lot until the head was ready.
    I wonder what gasket you will need to insert, without measuring the old better in the dark, do not order. 1.5mm and 1.2mm are available in the shop.

I have already ordered the key 4.5-30Nm JONNESWAY.
  • Level 43  
    kulek855 wrote:

A lot of hoses, exhaust manifold, coolant.
  • Level 11  
    Strumien swiadomosci swia wrote:
    kulek855 wrote:

A lot of hoses, exhaust manifold, coolant.

That's right. But I wanted to unscrew it, head, monowrysk, valve cover, etc. - 1h.
    The cooling system will prolong your work, you're right.
    The exhaust manifold from what I see in the picture is only 3 screws.

Elements from the head disassembled in the basement to not confuse the places of pushers and valves.

I will still ask you, the head bolts to be replaced after inserting a new seal, can you use the old one?
    The valves should be dismantled by handing over the planning head?
  • Level 34  
    With this repair, it is recommended that the head fastening bolts are also replaced as recommended.

Added after 2 [minutes]:

kulek855 wrote:
    The biggest problem will be with the draining of the cooling liquid

It is rather the simplest thing. Bowl that will fit under the radiator, pull the bottom connector from the radiator or cooling pump, two minutes and the liquid drained. I'd be more afraid of unscrewing the collector, the exhaust system. There, the temperature and corrosion of the screws could have done their job and it could be difficult to unscrew them.
  • Level 11  
    wojtek1234321 wrote:
    With this repair, it is recommended that the head fastening bolts are also replaced as recommended.

So the screws will also be bought.
    You were ahead of my question. I also read that you can replace the valve sealants, unfortunately I do not have a key for them.
  • Level 34  
    Well, you'll have a warhead "on top", so it would be a lot easier job.
  • Moderator of Cars
    kulek855 wrote:
    Through these 28 thousand km which I traveled I added from 1l of oil and maybe a little more or less.

If you just "sweat", do not "mean terrain" and do not take oil, do not touch it. You will screw the exhaust manifold pin and you will have a problem.
  • Level 11  
    tzok wrote:
    kulek855 wrote:

If you just "sweat", do not "mean terrain" and do not take oil, do not touch it. You will screw the exhaust manifold pin and you will have a problem.

Ok.
    So I will be watching. Eventually tomorrow I will try to take pictures of how the engine looks (leak).