Elektroda.com
Elektroda.com
X

Search our partners

Find the latest content on electronic components. Datasheets.com
Elektroda.com

A6 c5 - A6 c5 2.4 advantages and disadvantages of the engine.

endriu110694 13917 19
This content has been translated » The original version can be found here
  • #1
    endriu110694
    Level 4  
    Hello, I'm going to buy a6 c5 with 2.4 engine without lpg, the network has a lot of information quite contradictory, what to be careful when buying this model, I mean mainly the engine because all the other pros and cons of this car I know how it is with combustion in this model and how the exploitation of this type of car comes out. Thank you in advance for all the advice and greetings.
  • #2
    drdrug
    Level 18  
    It depends on whether the manual or the machine. I had such a 2.4 ball in the machine and generally I would not buy it for the second time. At least not again with this chest. As for me, this engine combined with this machine did not give any fun for the ride, it just was muddy despite such capacity in V''ce, but for a low power. Even a6c6 2.4 BDW in the machine is rolling. As for the engine, it was ok, the only problem I had (270 thousand of the raid) and it was probably my fate, oil spills. And this is leakage from the valve covers, from the rear end caps, the adjuster, etc. As I have already done, it is later from the shaft seal housing from the side and the oil sump. And after about 2-3 months of peace, the oil began to sweat from under the right head :-) .

    Well, beware of vending machines, note the underside of the leaks are always unfortunately, the color of the exhaust, the culture of the engine and if there are any disturbing noises.
    Mi Audi burned about 11 liters when driving in a chimney. When it comes to some exploitable topics, the most expensive element is the front suspension, the other suspension parts, other operating parts such as timing gear, accessories, candles, etc. are in normal money.
  • #3
    endriu110694
    Level 4  
    Audi is in manual with 2 years gas, 243 raid. After the appearance of the interior you can agree + -100 thousand :D I know the whole subject perfectly because I had a4 and is interested in the subject, the only unknown for me is this engine, I chose it in general because the work 4garow is tiring, clatter of diesel and gasoline is a massacre and such a relaxed v6 without turba will probably be ok, and as a colleague you worked the subject of the seal is how much of such a comprehensive seal of this engine can be? So that after purchase, do it and have it off your head.
  • #4
    endriu110694
    Level 4  
    Does anyone have any suggestions on what to look for when choosing this engine?
  • #5
    Cobrat
    Level 22  
    Oil spills from everywhere ... Drive through 2.4 and 2.8 ;) .
  • #6
    milejow
    Level 43  
    drdrug wrote:
    it was probably my fate, oil spills. And this is leakage from the valve covers, from the back plugs, the adjuster, etc.

    This engine was dry only on the production line.

    Added after 1 [minutes]:

    endriu110694 wrote:
    Someone has some suggestions

    Ma-2.8, because this one does not drive and it burns similarly.
  • #7
    endriu110694
    Level 4  
    When it comes to power, 2.4 is enough, I had the opportunity to ride as a passenger but it gives me advice (at least for me) and what about 2.8 is it probably the same as 2.4? ;)
  • #8
    Kantylena
    Level 19  
    I have to choose 1.8T - much nicer, it travels similarly and there is a chiptuning option, which you will not do in a naturally aspirated, 2.4 nice sounds but otherwise nothing interesting.
    Years later, the horses disappear, the engine seals, I do not know if anyone but a lot of these engines require dismounting the whole while timing.
    with lpg it can also be a heavy topic because 6 gars.

    I would let it go and take it as it was set here for 2.8, although for me the better option is 1.8T + soft and for this sub-oxide lpg.
  • #9
    Strumien swiadomosci swia
    Level 43  
    Kantylena wrote:
    I would let it go and take it as it was set here for 2.8, although for me the better option is 1.8T + soft and for this sub-oxide lpg.

    And where is the AGA efficient?

    Before buying, of course, hook up Vagine and read the errors of the engine, drive a few km and read again.
    How efficient it tears asphalt and accelerates well.

    Bigger than the stupid 1,8T, which pulls like a turbo will wake up and tug at me which pisses me off.
    In addition, no one buys A6 in order to race with half-timbres in leons and 1.8T.
  • #10
    endriu110694
    Level 4  
    So divided sentences, I felt so, but considering that with the car is not related to the whole life, I will take a chance, I am tempted to v6, but I am still waiting for opinions of those having and using everything they bring ;)

    Added after 3 [minutes]:

    And referring to a colleague above, it is exactly as you say buys a6 because of the comfort and spacious interior and the engine expects a high work culture and flexibility.
  • #11
    Strumien swiadomosci swia
    Level 43  
    endriu110694 wrote:
    So divided sentences, I felt so, but considering that with the car is not related to the whole life, I will take a chance, I am tempted to v6, but I am still waiting for opinions of those having and using everything they bring


    What do you want to know?
    Calm and easily accelerates to 180km / h you can drive at this speed and it's quiet.

    Added after 2 [minutes]:

    I do not buy from 10 owners in Poland which is easy to check in CEIDG because it will certainly be ripped.
    The most reliable are straight from abroad. I do not even know where you're from because you did not deign to fill in the fields.
    In Germany or Austria v6, you will buy a good condition for 5-8 thousand PLN.
  • #12
    endriu110694
    Level 4  
    As I said about the a6, I know practically everything about operation but not about this engine ;) I wrote it well because I have a little better overview of the problems. Of course, when I buy v6, I count with costs is simple, but I am pedantic when it comes to the car and if there are still leaks I will be in ..... :| Although on the other hand, if it drips, it means that there is oil :D

    Added after 2 [minutes]:

    And of course, right after the purchase, I would have a good oil because it's the basis and I do not have time to buy abroad, but I am looking for a freshly imported car, complementing my friend I am from near Zamość ;)
  • #13
    Kantylena
    Level 19  
    Look neat 1.8T how you want to have peace
    For example, 1.8T AJL 180 horsepower is 8.5 to a hundred and vmax 230 km / h

    2.4 - 165 horses - 10.5 to hundreds and vmax 205 km / h

    AJL 0-180 about 25 seconds
    2.4 0-180 about 45 seconds

    with the rest up to 180 km / h, it is just golf 1.6 accelerates what is the issue of how and when it dies or whether it still has strength.
    When overtaking is also an important flexibility here unbeatable turbo, from 2500 thousand goes like f16
    Remember that the moment gives you this push in the turbo chair is the room for maneuver in the slow-motion not too much, and after many years, as I wrote, horses like to run away.
  • #14
    Strumien swiadomosci swia
    Level 43  
    Kantylena wrote:
    with the rest to 180 km / h, it's just golf 1.6 also speeds up what this achievement is

    As I thought trolling, compare the dimensions of G4 and A6.
    Kantylena wrote:
    Remember that the moment gives you this push in an armchair


    This is what I do not like most in dizzy. But the A6 c6 fortunately has a torque limiter and this tearing is less noticeable.
  • #15
    Cobrat
    Level 22  
    Come on with that 1.8T to this stall ... But who likes it. I rode 2.4 and 2.8. If I personally chose, then of course 2.8 (For prying and inquisitive - "magic rings" generally do not speak to me, so I will not buy ;) ). Some of the guys I know, some have 2.4 other 2.8, after traveling 2.8 everyone has one statement - he would not buy again 2.4. Operating costs approximate, and driving .... I know and delinquent with 1.8T in this shed, clean gasoline and is also happy, but he just makes a retiring ride from point A to B.

    PS. Timing - a fact, cramped, but you take off the front, you sit down and do what the problem ...
    And 1.8T if you gas it with your head, not at a cost like what some ...
  • #16
    endriu110694
    Level 4  
    But these 2.8 are much harder to hit than 2.4 :D
  • #17
    Cobrat
    Level 22  
    endriu110694 wrote:
    But these 2.8 are much harder to hit than 2.4 :D


    I know exactly because anyone who has this rides. A lot of 2.4 are imported, in addition usually to fees, so 18.6% ...
  • #19
    Cobrat
    Level 22  
    And with regard to this 1.8T. Last year, at the request of a friend, we were looking for A4 B6 1.8T (popular small game). We traveled, we watched, we checked, most of everything brought back, prices for grain. This 1.8T unit has become glorified and gilded like the legendary 1.9TDI !!! And really with a clear conscience there was nothing to choose from. In the end, the friend gave up the requirements and bought the A3 aspirated.
  • #20
    endriu110694
    Level 4  
    More and more doubts :D 1.8 t very cool for the job but for me it's totally unnecessary 150 + it's enough power for me, much more price when I overtake and do not leave the smoke screen and I do not have to add a liter of oil for 1000 km, I was talking today with a friend mechanic and said these spills are not so bothersome and it is very important to have good oil and temporary servicing, as to 1.9, it is not perfect too. 2. I care very much about the engine, zero on cold oil, oil every 10,000, cooling turbine after driving, always better pus and somehow here the pneumothorax, here the elastic joint here the fuel pump here gasket under the bowl, so that the ideal engines are probably not there.