Elektroda.com
Elektroda.com
X

Peugeot 207 petrol - oil pressure indicator is on

6822 6
This content has been translated » The original version can be found here
  • Level 22  
    Hello.
    Peugeot 207 car with a warm engine 90 degrees. At low speed (idle), the oil pressure indicator lights below 1000 rpm.
    Last year I changed the oil and oil filter, the car stood for 3 months.
    On a cold engine all is well.

What could be the reasons for this?

Engine 1.4 gasoline 16V engine code KFU.
    What should be the pressure on a warm engine at idle and high speed in this model?
  • User removed account  
  • Level 22  
    Ok, I bought the original filter today (last year I did not remember which company, but not the original) so I will start with the filter, then go to the mechanic and measure the pressure.
    So at idle on a hot engine (pointer below 1000 rpm) it cannot be less than 0.35 bar.
    As for the oil pressure sensor, I do not know if it is functional but I have a question
    is it possible that it would show badly after warming up at low speed?
    As far as the shells are concerned, it is probably to be checked after unscrewing the oil pan
    (I'm thinking here about the mechanic that he can tell)
    Is replacing a possible oil pump a complicated job?
  • User removed account  
  • Level 22  
    Hello.
    I replaced the oil filter with the original Peugeot so on the packaging it wrote (MAN wrote on the filter), I replaced the oil pressure sensor which was chosen after the nr.vin, I made a small oil refill and I am after a week of driving and for now the indicator did not light up.
  • Level 1  
    rivet the dragon in the oil pump in the strainer sometimes there is silicone
  • Level 1  
    hello cinko

How is the car now after you changed the sensor and oil filter?

Dodano po 40 [sekundy]:

cinko wrote:
    Hello.
    I replaced the oil filter with the original Peugeot so on the packaging it wrote (MAN wrote on the filter), I replaced the oil pressure sensor which was chosen after the nr.vin, I made a small oil refill and I am after a week of driving and for now the indicator did not light up.

hello cinko

How is the car now after you changed the sensor and oil filter?