Elektroda.com
Elektroda.com
X

How to block the youtube application on the router

8622 8
This content has been translated » The original version can be found here
  • Level 7  
    Hello, I have a limited GSM internet connection and unfortunately my kids consume it very quickly watching Youtube. I can not deal with them effectively (this is a topic for another forum ;-) ) so I have to block them from youtube. I have already blocked the router (Huawei B525s) on the website www.youtube.com and it is not possible to go through the browser but the application is still accessible. I am convinced that the application can also be blocked somehow and I am convinced that someone in forums will know how to do it. I will be grateful for your help.
  • Level 1  
  • Helpful post
    Level 23  
    Block the following addresses on the router:

    youtube.com
    m.youtube.com
    ytimg.com
    s.ytimg.com
    ytimg.l.google.com
    youtube.l.google.com
    i.google.com
    googlevideo.com
    youtu.be
  • Level 39  
    I think that the easiest way to block this is to get along with the operator, because I do not think that small access systems have such extensive filtration mechanisms.

    And what about the topic in the other forum:
    How to block the youtube application on the router
  • Level 7  
    Kraniec_Internetˇw wrote:
    Try to set up a password for applications. In the application menu, go to (...) and select "Block" if available.
    How to block the youtube application on the router

    Thanks, the problem is that I do not want to block the application on this device but only on this WiFi network.

    Added after 1 [minutes]:

    K3 wrote:
    Block the following addresses on the router:

    youtube.com
    m.youtube.com
    ytimg.com
    s.ytimg.com
    ytimg.l.google.com
    youtube.l.google.com
    i.google.com
    googlevideo.com
    youtu.be


    Thanks, I will try to put all the above addresses into the blacklist.
  • Level 23  
    sanfran wrote:
    I think that the easiest way to block this is to get along with the operator, because I do not think that small access systems have such extensive filtration mechanisms.


    They're just ...

    How to block the youtube application on the routerBezátyt...jpg Download (65.11 kB)
  • Level 7  
    sanfran wrote:
    And what about the topic in the other forum:

    :-) I will consider this solution :-D
  • Level 39  
    K3 wrote:
    sanfran wrote:
    I think that the easiest way to block this is to get along with the operator, because I do not think that small access systems have such extensive filtration mechanisms.


    They're just ...



    Buddy, it's not about access to websites, it's about blocking streaming services. Site blocking mainly works on blocking DNS queries.

    Applications very often do not use DNS but they refer directly to the IP addresses of their services. And in this case only the operator's equipment can be helpful.
  • Level 7  
    K3 wrote:
    Block the following addresses on the router:

    youtube.com
    m.youtube.com
    ytimg.com
    s.ytimg.com
    ytimg.l.google.com
    youtube.l.google.com
    i.google.com
    googlevideo.com
    youtu.be


    It worked! :-)
    The Youtube application had something and even gets some descriptions but it does not display movies. Instead, the circle is spinning like at a very poor connection. Perhaps what pulls me, it pulls from cellular data and not from a modem, but this solution is ok for me.
    Thanks for the help!