This content has been translated » The original version can be found here
    kondi50
    Level 12  
    Hello,
    I will briefly describe the car's story:

Toyota Avensis T25 2006 after lifetime.
    Mileage: 180 thousand
    Engine: 2.2 d4d 150km

Previous repairs: replaced engine + water pump under the warranty of ASO at 114,000 (2012) Documents show that there was a problem with the loss of coolant. I am the second owner, the repair was when the car was not mine yet.

Current problem:
    He ejects the coolant through the hose, with the tank unscrewed, the liquid bubbles and evaporates, I feel that I feel the exhaust fumes (I ordered the meter to confirm) The car does not smoke, the exhaust pipe is dry. There is no oil in the fluid and no traces of oil in the oil.
    Despite the fact that since the replacement of the engine the car has only driven 66 thousand. is it possible that the failure has repeated? (I don't want to believe that the engine withstood only such mileage). I called the ASO, they said that after this warranty repair, they did not happen that someone returned with the same fault, and after 66 thousand km it was very unlikely.

Is there a chance that something else has fallen?
    For example, egr cooler? (apparently the symptoms may be similar, i.e. exhaust gases in the cooling system, depleting fluid, I do not know just how with this discharge through the hose - although if the pressure in the exhaust system is higher than in the refrigeration system, it would probably be possible)

The car drives normally, the engine runs evenly.
    I am green in this topic, and I do not want the mechanic to stretch me on the head gasket.
    What do you think?
    Daro122
    Level 31  
    If you suspect an egr cooler then bridge the fluid circuit then you'll find out.
    kondi50
    Level 12  
    Daro122 wrote:
    If you suspect an egr cooler then bridge the fluid circuit then you'll find out.

The problem is I don't really know where she is. The EGR valve starts just above the tank with the coolant, but I can't locate the EGR cooler.
    I'd like to check it out before visiting a mechanic.

I attach a photo, will you help locate?
    Toyota Avensis T25 2.2 D4D - Coolant ejected through the hose
    Is access to this radiator from the bottom of the engine?
    Daro122
    Level 31  
    I looked through the pictures and I see that your egr has no cooler.
    kondi50
    Level 12  
    So if exhaust fumes come out on the test, is it 100% certainty that it is a head gasket?
    You don't want to believe that Toyota replaced the engine that has driven 66 thousand. km which is less than the one with a disadvantage.
    Daro122
    Level 31  
    I do not have a good opinion about these cars, listen to the users and it will pass you.
    kondi50
    Level 12  
    I knew about this defect, but I assumed that since the engine is new, I would do 100,000. Toyota engine after 66 thousand and replacement of the head gasket, it's ridiculous.
    camillepissarro
    Level 2  
    Hey, I'm new and have pretty much the same problem. Has anything been done? What cause? Kisses
    kondi50
    Level 12  
    camillepissarro wrote:
    Hey, I'm new and have pretty much the same problem. Has anything been done? What cause? Kisses

Head gasket.
    I add the liquid and continue driving, because the repair is 50% of the car's value, so I don't plan to do it.
    lukasz12345678910
    Level 29  
    The gasket itself will not help, in these cars the block bends, or do it all, i.e. planning everything and everything. You can also replace the engine, the version without d cata is cheaper and does not have this problem. I suspect that burning dpf is overheating this engine.
    bandi21
    Level 30  
    It is not a damaged EGR cooler. If this were the case, the fluid would get into the exhaust gas and then there would be steam from the pipe. In my opinion, the head for the photo and planning and the best engine block, although I would be careful with this because I know from practice that there is usually the thickest gasket there, so then there is nothing to put on. Other engines in this series have the same disadvantage, I repaired more often 2, 0 D4D than D-cat. The cost of repairing such a unit should not exceed PLN 5,000
    ImrichOlvecky
    Level 1  
    Hi, my Avensis 2ad-ftv 2005/06 has the same issue with the coolant. Not yet repaired, but working on it. (The full front=egr, oil cooler, hoses, intake, radiators have been cleaned and checked)

Soon will move on to the back side, where there is also the mentioned EGR cooler!! Turbo, catalitic converter....

If there nothing found, then it will be costly and time consuming 😔
    bandi21
    Level 30  
    The problem is in the gasket under the cylinder head, as I wrote earlier. It makes no sense to look for another reason.
    trojan 12
    Level 32  
    The same is the problem with the 2.0-116 hp d4d engine.
    In a different power, this disadvantage does not exist. Check if it is not reamed 116 km to 2.2 l.
    If the seal is broken, it is better to sell it.
    lukasz12345678910
    Level 29  
    In these cars with DPF, the seals fail, and after disassembling, it often turns out that the block is crooked and it is not worth doing it. Engines without DPF work.