Elektroda.com
Elektroda.com
X

Search our partners

Find the latest content on electronic components. Datasheets.com
Elektroda.com

Orlen Platinum oil - Opinions - is it worth it or not?

LENIWIEC_PL 27804 35
This content has been translated » The original version can be found here
    LENIWIEC_PL
    Level 27  
    I warmly welcome.
    Well, recently reviewing various prices of engine oils I came across oils of the "Orlen" group under the name Platinum in red bubbles. You need to pay around PLN 60 for a 5l bank, so the price is low compared to a mobile or a sheel, for example.
    But what do you think about this oil? Is it worth it

Orlen Platinum oil - Opinions - is it worth it or not?
    fifcio13-13
    Level 30  
    Chicken feed. Unless you have to pour for sale, then I recommend.
    kortyleski
    Level 42  
    Oil like oil, viscosity grade must stick. You can assume more frequent changes of cheaper oil, the engine will only work out health.
    BANANvanDYK
    Level 39  
    About 10 years ago there was a scandal connected with monopolistic practices, after which a millionth penalty was imposed. The entire report is presented at UOKiK, although with some classified information. One can deduce from them. "Premium" or "premium gold" oils are just a marketing gimmick to push the price of a product. On the other hand, oils from the bottom shelf are again quality goes the other way. Like Platinum, and Superol quality. Similarly, recently someone brought me oil dedicated to tractors, and qualitatively Superol CC SAE 30 ... To the disadvantage of this group is the fact that they do not have a contract for the first flooding in cars, or the lack of oils dedicated to given cars / engines which would be recommended by producers. One exception is Yamaha, but I'm not in the subject.
    Take into account that mineral oil, no matter whether engine, gear or hydraulic, should cost at wholesale quantities about 10 PLN / liter ...
    Electro855
    Level 6  
    Orlen has very bad opinions. It is better to add a few zlotys and buy something better ;)
    cefaloid
    Level 32  
    fifcio13-13 wrote:

Any evidence to support this thesis?
    Is classic grumbling 'bad because it's Polish'?
    (There are strong financial groups who would care for that)

Orlen also produces oils for Castrol, if someone likes to give more for the same and feel better with it is such an option.
    fifcio13-13
    Level 30  
    cefaloid wrote:
    fifcio13-13 wrote:

Any evidence to support this thesis?
    Is classic grumbling 'bad because it's Polish'?
    (There are strong financial groups who would care for that)

Orlen also produces oils for Castrol, if someone likes to give more for the same and feel better with it is such an option.

Bad oil, the engine got stuck on it every 10-12 thousand. km. A friend also rode it and after unscrewing the valve cover there was already a very large carbon deposit.
    User removed account
    Level 1  
    cefaloid
    Level 32  
    fifcio13-13 wrote:
    Bad oil, the engine got stuck on it every 10-12 thousand. km.

What engine has stuck to it, to whom exactly and at what course?

I am asking because I have already done 100,000 km on this Orlen and I do not see these terrible masses and carbon deposits or signs of blur. Maybe this engine was a turn from the trader, flooded with a motorized driver and would get stuck on anything?

Added after 13 [minutes]:

atari_robbo wrote:
    Orlen is a state moloch managed by people from the party broadcast. They stay on the market not because they sell good products - only because they pump money from the state budget by hand. Therefore, the quality of products does not matter and they sell this oil to have enough shelves to clog up and not earn on the functioning of the company.

So Castrol produced .... in the Orlen group is the same crap? Because:

Quote:
    Little is said about the cooperation of Rafineria Gdańsk SA with global oil tycoons, and this cooperation has been successfully continued for several years. RG's closest partners are Shell, Castrol and Mobil.
    - says director. Krzysztof Naruszewicz.

But about Castrol you will write how he is not great. Well, Castrol knows how to sell without having its own refinery in Europe, only by commissioning production to local refineries and adding a large margin for the sticker :)

Such a director, Castrola ne Central and Eastern Europe, was previously involved in marketing at UEFA. Such was the oil expert. Tell me it's better like Orlen :)

In my opinion, if the oil meets certain standards, it meets them. And no matter who makes it. The car has much more important elements (e.g. brake pads or rims) and I am surprised by the delinquents riding on rims of unknown origin or with the cheapest blocks ... But pouring oil like fo F1.
    yogi009
    Level 43  
    atari_robbo wrote:
    They stay on the market not because they sell good products - only because they pump money from the state budget by hand.

And that's an interesting thought. Orlen - no matter about the quality of its products - is the largest Polish taxpayer. It does not have to have state subsidies. Please do not sow defeatisms.
    *Impala*
    Level 13  
    I'm curious why they still produce Mixol after all, this oil is not even suitable for lubrication of hinges, their cheaper oils have always left huge amounts of carbon deposits, with the more expensive ones I did not risk.
    yogi009
    Level 43  
    Mixol is very good when you pour gas instead of oil :-)
    User removed account
    Level 1  
    fifcio13-13
    Level 30  
    cefaloid wrote:
    fifcio13-13 wrote:
    Bad oil, the engine got stuck on it every 10-12 thousand. km.

What engine has stuck to it, to whom exactly and at what course?

I am asking because I have already done 100,000 km on this Orlen and I do not see these terrible masses and carbon deposits or signs of blur. Maybe this engine was a turn from the trader, flooded with a motorized driver and would get stuck on anything?

2.7TDV6 engine from Land Rover Discovery 3, mileage below 245 thousand. km.
    Eidems
    Level 29  
    Fleet cars are often flooded with orlen oil (e.g. max platinum) or comma oil and what? And the cars drive without a problem, nothing happens to them, and they do 30 thousand from exchange to exchange on such eagle and this is proof for me that you can buy cheaper oil and nothing will happen. As for this Land Rover, surely the oil itself has not blurred the engine, and please do not write stupidity!
    fifcio13-13
    Level 30  
    Eidems wrote:
    As for this Land Rover, surely the oil itself has not blurred the engine, and please do not write stupidity!

The engine has been regularly serviced. The second engine in the Range Rover with Motul oil has already traveled easily + 350,000 km. I don't think anything else is causing a fault than the oil itself because the shells have turned and the crankshaft has broken.
    cefaloid
    Level 32  
    Well, only the first two links I opened suggest that this engine has rather gloomy opinions (including oil dilution with fuel) ...

http://www.jaguar.org.pl/2016/11/popsuem-diesla-27-tdv6-co-dalej-koszty.html?m=1

http://landklinika.pl/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=7&id=253354&Itemid=181

Another thing is that this engine according to Uncle Google requires oil that meets the WSS M2C913 specification so from Orlen it should be Platinum Pro oil and not e.g. Platinum Classic.

Tsk that there could be many reasons, and as I mentioned due to the use of a teenage car (lancer 1.6) pours him orlen and works as it should. For the time being, everything indicates that it will decay much faster than the engine will fail.
    Eidems
    Level 29  
    fifcio13-13 wrote:
    Eidems wrote:
    As for this Land Rover, surely the oil itself has not blurred the engine, and please do not write stupidity!

The engine has been regularly serviced. The second engine in the Range Rover with Motul oil has already traveled easily + 350,000 km. I don't think anything else is causing a fault than the oil itself because the shells have turned and the crankshaft has broken.

The new fleet skats are flooded with 5w30 Orlen platinum MAX oil, they do 30,000 from exchange to exchange, nothing happens, so you really had to be unlucky just with this car, the oil had nothing to do with it.
    fifcio13-13
    Level 30  
    Even if I was unlucky - because there may be a defective part, this oil certainly shortened its lifetime. I have not used this oil since then. It is the fifth car that I have and pour good oils since. No problem, nothing happens.
    Strumien swiadomosci swia
    Level 43  
    LENIWIEC_PL wrote:
    You need to pay around PLN 60 for a 5l bank, so low price

And how is the mineral mountain ...... the normal price is qualitatively suitable for the c330, Fiat 126p and lawn mowers.

Somehow I do not remember that one of the car engines had dedicated 15w40 oil for use.
    I had x10xe after pouring orlen baked rings on one cylinder. They are also not fairy tales.
    szogun114lm
    Level 9  
    Hello. For several years I have been pouring PLATINUM Max Expert C3 5W40 oil into my 1.9TDI and nothing is happening to my car. It also uses PLATINUM oils for other cars and I highly recommend them !!! I use PLATINUM AGRO for tractor and agricultural machinery. Do not be deceived that Polish is bad - quite the opposite.
    I HIGHLY RECOMMEND PLATINUM OILS !!!
    Level 43  
    szogun114lm wrote:
    For several years I have been pouring PLATINUM Max Expert C3 5W40 oil into my 1.9TDI and nothing is happening to my car.

In such a tractor it is not surprising, flood 1.6 hdi or d4d, you will regret it quickly. I had the transition from platimumen so I do not recommend it. Well, for the C330 and similar constructions.
    yogi009
    Level 43  
    You're exaggerating. Oil is oil, refineries around the world already have installations for its production. This is not building a space shuttle.
    yogi009
    Level 43  
    Do not buy this and fuel on Orlen :-) CircleK (former Statoil) also sends its barrel wagons to Płock.
    strucel
    Level 32  
    Strumien swiadomosci swia wrote:

In such a tractor it is not surprising, flood 1.6 hdi or d4d, you will regret it quickly. I had the transition from platimumen so I do not recommend it. Well, for the C330 and similar constructions.

And if I flood these engineering wonders with oil for PLN 100 / liter, I will travel without problems with only the replacement of consumables? Somehow I doubt ...
    Level 43  
    strucel wrote:
    engineering wonders with oil for PLN 100 / liter
    not for PLN 100 but for PLN 42 a liter, so apart from exploitation activities, you should drive 600kkkm calmly.
    lukaszmech
    Level 15  
    I personally flooded my 10w40 GM 2.0 DTH diesel when I disassembled the engine shell as new, nothing worn, and I flew 100,000. on him. In most of the engine failures, it is not the oil that is to blame, but the design defects of the engines and the prolonged interval
    Level 43  
    10w40 in 1.9tdi and 1.8 tddi in winter 2nd props hydro tappets! So don't write that it's safe. As the engine goes out while driving and you feel the lack of compression.
    anchilos
    Level 34  
    lukaszmech wrote:
    as I disassembled the bearing motor as new, nothing worn and I flew 100,000. on him.

Write for what reason you dismantled the engine after 100kkm.

Greetings.