Elektroda.com
Elektroda.com
X
Elektroda.com

golf IV, 1.6 SR, - Rippling revolutions, arrows from the collector.

73611 30
This content has been translated » The original version can be found here
  • Level 8  
    I warmly welcome,
    I am a golf holder, a 4 SR 1.6 engine in gas, a year 2000. I am struggling with the problem of wobbling turnovers, sometimes lack of power. I was already a mechanic who after connecting to the computer showed an error - misfire on one of the cylinders. The mechanic mentioned:

    -świece
    - candles
    -cewkę

    The problem disappeared for a few days after which he returned. Today I noticed that after firing, shots are heard in the collector + of course, not even work. I started looking under the mask, it turned out that some element (the air filter tube) was temporarily wrapped with a cloth. When I unwrapped the cloth, the tube was cracked, almost in half. Below is a photo of what exactly is going on. I read on the forum that the cause of wobbling revolutions may be left air. Can this cracked tube affect the engine's operation? What wires should be taken to eliminate the left air? (if it's not this tube). I also learned that the cause of the shots may be a snap, in the collector one of the pushers does not close and the fuel explodes in the collector.
    Please help.
    Ps. A threadbare subject, but I wanted to present my specific problem, I apologize for the repeatability :-)

    golf IV, 1.6 SR, - Rippling revolutions, arrows from the collector.
  • Admin of Cars group
    Replace the tube. Measure the fuel pressure.
  • Level 8  
    Hello, I mentioned the part mentioned earlier. It helped a little, the engine worked better, but the fluctuating speed did not eliminate it. When the engine is running, hissing is heard, is it supposed to be this way? after switching off the engine, it can be clearly heard and after about 10 seconds it stops.
  • Admin of Cars group
    cieplik1986 wrote:
    When the engine is running, hissing is heard, is it supposed to be this way?
    It depends on how this hissing. You can hear the air in the suction manifold and also the next leak may be good.
  • Level 32  
    Check thoroughly the vacuum tube going to the brake servo - it often breaks.
  • Level 8  
    psilos1 wrote:
    Check thoroughly the vacuum tube going to the brake servo - it often breaks.


    The tube was checked, it was cracked, it is now made for heat + squeezed with a compression band on the joining. At the weekend I want to clean the throttle and adapt. On which wires, by the way should I pay special attention, which can pass? I will add that the problems with brakes also occur, sometimes after tanning. I press the brake almost with all my strength then the car stops ... I will add some gas and it will work for a while.
  • Level 32  
    Replace the o-rings under the collector
  • Level 28  
    Before replacing the seals of the collector, disconnect the servo cable from the servo and plug it in blindly. Then you will know if it is a collector or servo leak.
  • Level 8  
    WITEK1952 wrote:
    Before replacing the seals of the collector, disconnect the servo cable from the servo and plug it in blindly. Then you will know if it is a collector or servo leak.


    What symptoms will show whether it is a collector or servo?
  • Level 31  
    Suction noise at the plastic collector is more audible, and arrows in the collector can cause a burnt suction valve.
  • Level 28  
    When you plug the connector, the engine will work properly but there will be no brakes.
  • Level 8  
    Hello, I am just after replacing the seals under the suction collector. It helped 95%. The engine works much better, but it's not the perfect job. I remember that on the review the computer showed a lambda sensor error. Could this have an effect on the engine work or is it necessary to get ready for a replacement?

    The second topic is more serious and priority because it applies to brakes. The problem is that, for example, when the acceleration starts more than 3 thousand turns and the brakes are suddenly braked, the pedal becomes hard, as if there was no support. I will add that I tested the pump, when pressed with the engine turned off and turned on, the pedal moves back gently. I am asking for advice, what to check first in order not to buy and exchange servos. I am afraid of the situation that I will replace the servo and it will turn out that the brakes are still weak.
    Best wishes and thanks in advance.
  • Level 34  
    Check what the colleague of psilos 1 wrote: "Check the vacuum tube going to the brake servo - it often breaks."
  • Level 18  
    You can have a buried membrane in the servo, a cracked nozzle / hose connecting the servo with the suction ring. The revolving speed is also an injected stepper motor. From what I remember, the 1.6SR is a one-shot Bosch injection, right? These arrows are in the suction or exhaust collector?
  • Level 32  
    konradx wrote:
    You can have a buried membrane in the servo, a cracked nozzle / hose connecting the servo with the suction ring. The revolving speed is also an injected stepper motor. From what I remember, the 1.6SR is a one-shot Bosch injection, right? These arrows are in the suction or exhaust collector?


    The stepper motor (if you can call it that) in the 1.6 sr engine is an integrated throttle part and it can not be dismantled. A lot is a multipoint.
  • Level 8  
    The shots were in the suction manifold. Today I'm starting the car, not working again, waving again. I understand that the next steps are dismantling the throttle, thorough cleaning and adaptation? Tomorrow I will also connect it to the computer. Earlier errors that popped up: falling out on one of the cylinders and something with lambda probe as I wrote earlier. The pressure was also tested and according to the mechanic it is as it should be.

    Regarding the brakes, tomorrow I will check the cables, etc. At first glance, everything seems to be ok. There are no cracks.
  • Level 8  
    Hello, I still have a question regarding the replacement of seals under the suction collector. Replaced the bottom green gaskets, or do you need to replace the upper thicker gaskets? Can it also affect the engine's operation? The picture shows where these gaskets are located. I know that they are in my average state, so I greased them with grease before re-turning.
    golf IV, 1.6 SR, - Rippling revolutions, arrows from the collector.
  • Level 24  
    Pop on the engine while working on the engine, as you raise the turnover you found the guilty party.
  • Level 32  
    cieplik1986 wrote:
    The shots were in the suction manifold. Today I'm starting the car, not working again, waving again. I understand that the next steps are dismantling the throttle, thorough cleaning and adaptation? Tomorrow I will also connect it to the computer. Earlier errors that popped up: falling out on one of the cylinders and something with lambda probe as I wrote earlier.

    You have connected the VAG - give possible error codes. Everything seems to have been written about this engine and its problems link
    Have a nice read.
  • Level 8  
    16514 - lambda probe circuit
    17584 - catalytic converter correction
    16891 - regulation of idling

    Errors from yesterday.
  • Level 32  
    cieplik1986 wrote:
    16514 - lambda probe circuit
    17584 - catalytic converter correction
    16891 - regulation of idling

    Errors from yesterday.

    1; Replacement probe - only original, universal in this engine are good for nothing.
    2; Cleaning and adapting the throttle.
    Throttle adaptation is possible ONLY if the ECU does not eject errors or start by replacing the probe.
  • Level 8  
    Ok, thank you so much, I'll exchange the probe. And what about the second seals under the collector? replace it prophylactically? I peed at the poster and it does not affect my work.
  • Level 32  
    cieplik1986 wrote:
    Ok, thank you so much, I'll exchange the probe. And what about the second seals under the collector? replace it prophylactically? I peed at the poster and it does not affect my work.

    Expensive are not ... even prophylactic will not hurt
  • Level 9  
    psilos1 wrote:
    They are not expensive
    and you will be surprised if they are not expensive. I charge for the collector top down + a gasket for throttles cos ok 290 PLN in aso. Massacre

    and so the culprit of the rolling turnover turned out to be a support pressure sensor. He gave an erroneous signal to the ECU and the revolutions were waving :)
  • Level 32  
    krzyzakmalbork wrote:
    psilos1 wrote:
    They are not expensive
    and you will be surprised if they are not expensive. I charge for the collector top down + a gasket for throttles cos ok 290 PLN in aso. Massacre

    Well, this is not a ....
  • Level 9  
    psilos1 wrote:
    Well, this is not a ....
    not at all :) as I saw these few rubber gaskets :) Just look after replacement productions ;)
  • Level 32  
    krzyzakmalbork wrote:
    psilos1 wrote:
    Well, this is not a ....
    not at all :) as I saw these few rubber gaskets :) Just look after replacement productions ;)

    Alternatives, of course, are available ... but in comparison to the original ones, it is unstable crap.
  • Level 9  
    psilos1 wrote:
    impermanent crap.
    That's why I took aso ;)
  • Level 32  
    krzyzakmalbork wrote:
    psilos1 wrote:
    impermanent crap.
    That's why I took aso ;)

    Sometimes it's worth it - peace for a few consecutive years is priceless ..
  • Level 9  
    psilos1 wrote:
    Sometimes it's worth it - peace for a few consecutive years is priceless ..

    +1