Elektroda.com
Elektroda.com
X
Elektroda.com

The Dewalt DCB105 charger shorted and burns the fuse

adamp9 6288 17
This content has been translated flag-pl » flag-en View the original version here.
  • #1
    adamp9
    Level 16  
    As in the subject, I have a problem with the Dewalt DCB105 charger. After dismantling and preliminary examination you can see a burnt part of the path that I have repaired. The fuse on the entrance was also blown. mains voltage. After connecting the big buuum and the fuse blown again. I measured the elements and replaced 2 diodes that were damaged and replaced the electrolytes to be sure. In place of the fuse, I connected a 50W 230V bulb. The bulb is on and a faint hum from the transformer is heard.

    If I understood correctly the operation of the bulb instead of the fuse. When the charger was to be operational, the bulb should not light up. As a short circuit, the bulb shines.
  • #2
    bearq
    Level 38  
    Yes, a glowing light bulb is a sign of a short circuit. Upload a picture of the charger, start by measuring all the semiconductors, a lot of them are not there. Always start the charger with the bulb in series.
  • #3
    adamp9
    Level 16  
    I marked the damaged LEDs, they had a puncture in both directions.
    The Dewalt DCB105 charger shorted and burns the fuse
    I selected the damaged and repaired piece of the track.
    The Dewalt DCB105 charger shorted and burns the fuse
  • #4
    bearq
    Level 38  
    How do the rest of the transistors in the circuit?
  • #5
    398216 UsuniÍty
    Level 43  
    There is an element on the heat sink between the choke on the toroid and the transformer. Check him out.
  • #6
    adamp9
    Level 16  
    I checked all diodes and transistors except smd. Two rectifier diodes were damaged, I wrote about it in the first post.
    The element between the choke and transformer mounted on the heat sink is a double diode.
  • #7
    398216 UsuniÍty
    Level 43  
    adamp9 wrote:
    I checked all diodes and transistors except smd.

    So the rest of the SMD components ...
  • #8
    kazikszach
    Level 36  
    I have the same charger in repair.
    Damaged Q2, R20 and smd:
    R16, R17, R18, R19, I can't read their values, maybe you can read them.
    If I have these values, I will try to start it and when it starts, I will suggest something.
    An auxiliary converter is made on the Q2 transistor, these damaged diodes rectify the voltage that supplies it.
  • #9
    adamp9
    Level 16  
    R16-393(39k) R17- 101(100r) R18-101(100r) R19-101(100r)
  • #10
    kazikszach
    Level 36  
    adamp9 wrote:
    R16-393 (39k) R17- 101 (100yr) R18-101 (100yr) R19-101 (100yr)

    Thank you.
    Having these values, I will fight her next week and let me know the effects.
    Just isolate the + bridge and connect it to the mains via a light bulb, so you will be able to tell which inverter is shorting.
  • #11
    adamp9
    Level 16  
    kazikszach wrote:
    adamp9 wrote:
    R16-393 (39k) R17- 101 (100yr) R18-101 (100yr) R19-101 (100yr)

    Thank you.
    Having these values, I will fight her next week and let me know the effects.
    Just isolate the + bridge and connect it to the mains via a light bulb, so you will be able to tell which inverter is shorting.


    I crossed the plus path behind the bridge and connected the charger through the bulb to the mains. The led on the charger came on and then went out.



    What is this element marked as TH201. Diode, thermistor?



    The Dewalt DCB105 charger shorted and burns the fuse
  • #12
    kazikszach
    Level 36  
    adamp9 wrote:
    I crossed the plus path behind the bridge and connected the charger through the bulb to the mains. The led on the charger came on and then went out.



    What is this element marked as TH201. Diode, thermistor?

    From this it follows that this auxiliary converter is working properly.
    TH201-I haven't figured out what it is.
    After installing the damaged elements and using a light bulb instead of a fuse, the charger tried to move, the light bulb turned on cyclically when the main converter started, and after installing the fuse it worked properly.
    You must have a problem with the main converter.
    As Q2, I used BUT18.
    Thank you for giving the value of the resistors.
  • #14
    kazikszach
    Level 36  
    Missed when giving values and forgot to write down but it was a few ohms.
  • #15
    piotrekslup
    Level 10  
    I have a very similar problem only with the DCB107 charger. Two diodes, fuse, resistor r17 and transistor q1 have been damaged. The double diode behind the transformer is good and so are the rest of the semiconductors. What could be the reason?
    The charger is dead after replacing damaged elements. The voltage from the 320V capacitor to Q1 and the transformer and nothing else.
  • #16
    kazikszach
    Level 36  
    piotrekslup wrote:
    I have a very similar problem only with the DCB107 charger. Two diodes, fuse, resistor r17 and transistor q1 have been damaged. The double diode behind the transformer is good and so are the rest of the semiconductors. What could be the reason?
    The charger is dead after replacing damaged elements. The voltage from the 320V capacitor to Q1 and the transformer and nothing else.

    Today, an identical charger has been repaired, these elements are also damaged, but according to my measurements, the IC1 driver described: 1710-01 is damaged, it has a low resistance on the power supply.
    Where to get such a chip at a reasonable price?
  • #17
    gruby68
    Level 16  
    I reheat the topic. I need resistor values R39, R40, R41, R31, R32. They evaporated and I have a reading problem. Possibly does anyone have a diagram?
  • #18
    Omino
    Level 8  
    These resistors described here several times,
    I repeat R39 104 (100kOhm), R40 121 (120Ohm), R41 222 (2k2), R31 69c (51.1kOhm), R32 85b (7.5kOhm)