Elektroda.com
Elektroda.com
X

What router for the apartment

2229 14
This content has been translated » The original version can be found here
  • Level 3  
    Hello
    I will describe the topic. I currently have a TP-Link TL-WDR3600 router at my parents' apartment. Upc is connected to the cisco modem.
    At my apartment I am currently in the phase of mounting UPC and I got from them a modem router that will work like this cisco as a modem, it is the Connect Box vel Compal CH7465LG. From what I've read, it's better your router to flash on wifi and that I could redirect ports (I use torrents and xbox one a lot on the network)
    What would you gentlemen propose for a router to a 49 m2 flat in a large room would be a router and connected to it TV by cable, console by cable and laptop if I would download it also by cable. However, after wifi laptop from time to time and a tablet. Can an identical TP-Link TL-WDR3600 be used?
  • Moderator - Networks, Internet
    Masownik26 wrote:
    Can an identical TP-Link TL-WDR3600 be used?

It is already a router that you have your years and is not developed. I recommend WR1043NDv3 or v4 with 5GHz to C5v2
  • Level 3  
    I understand WR1043NDv4 is typing in google but I can't find it anywhere in the stores. Will this router cope with wifi in a 49 m2 apartment? And won't there be problems with port forwarding?
    Masownik26 wrote:
    I understand WR1043NDv4 is typing in google but nowhere in the stores

You can easily take v3

Masownik26 wrote:
    Will this router cope with wifi in a 49 m2 apartment?

Unfortunately, I'm not a fairy. It all depends on the building and interference.

Masownik26 wrote:
    ? And won't there be problems with port forwarding?

This is one of the basic functions of the router. It all depends on whether on the WAN there will be a public IP from the Internet provider.
  • Level 3  
    Well, I can do it now. Do you know what the invention of Compal CH7465LG is? what UPC adds is mzoe to be as a router but i guess i prefer my private plug in though. These tp links what did you provide are some old that so few find them? Because if I can something from another company from Netgar, for example, if it works as it should
    Masownik26 wrote:
    These tp links you provided are some old ones that you find so little

Old??? You probably don't know what you're talking about.

Masownik26 wrote:
    Do you know what the invention of Compal CH7465LG is? what UPC adds is mzoe

The modem from UPC must stay in its place and you cannot change or discard it because you will lose access to the Internet.
  • Level 3  
    jimasek wrote:
    Masownik26 wrote:
    These tp links you provided are some old ones that you find so little

Old??? You probably don't know what you're talking about.

Masownik26 wrote:
    Do you know what the invention of Compal CH7465LG is? what UPC adds is mzoe

The modem from UPC must stay in its place and you cannot change or discard it because you will lose access to the Internet.

I know that it only needs to be that it can also be a router, so I'm wondering whether to buy your router.
    Masownik26 wrote:
    I know that it only needs to be that it can also be a router, so I'm wondering whether to buy your router.

It can even be a router. You do DMZ to the IP address that you set on the WAN router and you have the ability to manage the network from your router. You connect all devices in your home network to the WAN router that's all.
  • Level 3  
    oh eee, I think, however, I will decide on this 1 solution this tp link price goes well for v4.0 versions 179 zeta is not much
    The choice is yours. I only proposed a solution.
  • Level 3  
    ok thanks a lot again for the professional help. Tell me yet, is this TP-Link TL-WR1043ND v4.0 in some sense better TP-Link TL-WDR3600? or just newer? Because this old man I see has 2 bands 2.4 Ghz and 5Ghz. In truth I only use 2.4
    A newer hardware solution, WDR3600 is no longer developed.
  • Level 3  
    Ok and one more question, will WiFi deal with net 120? And as a precaution, how would I change to 250 in the future or will I be able to change?
    At 120Mbps, of course, if you have a 300Mbps network card for 250Mbps internet speed, only a router with "AC" and the same card.
  • Level 3  
    ok, that's 120, that's all I was interested in ;)