Elektroda.com
Elektroda.com
X

Search our partners

Find the latest content on electronic components. Datasheets.com
Elektroda.com

Iveco Daily 35C15 catching brake

lukaszlublin 7425 12
This content has been translated » The original version can be found here
  • #1
    lukaszlublin
    Level 2  
    Hello forum members,

    The topic has already been raised several times but not resolved.
    Problem in the falling brake on Iveco. When braking by car, the brake goes all the way to the floor.
    At a standstill, it hardens several times under the pumped one. Everything looks like it's OK.

    -new blocks
    -new terminals
    -new pump
    - servo working
    -tight cables
    - 100% vented system
    -no errors on the computer regarding the ABS pump
    - ABS functional
  • #2
    ociz
    Moderator of Cars
    lukaszlublin wrote:
    -new terminals

    Which? The rear are falling apart, especially after unskilled handling. Check the effectiveness of the handbrake.
  • #3
    lukaszlublin
    Level 2  
    ociz wrote:
    lukaszlublin wrote:
    -new terminals

    Which? The rear are falling apart, especially after unskilled handling. Check the effectiveness of the handbrake.



    The car brakes while driving, but the brake takes too low and it is hard to brake with increased load weight.
    The handbrake works fine.
  • #4
    kwok
    Level 39  
    There is no air and nowhere is leaking and the pedal falls in, i.e. the pump passes and there will be no other reason. Buy ori pump, pour branded liquid and not no name from the station (I use Organika successfully) and the problem should disappear for a long time. LPR iveco pump substitutes are often broken from the news or fall after a week.
  • #5
    Hart3
    Level 26  
    The reason may be the ABS pump, for this condition I have prepared connectors for test elimination from the system.
  • #6
    janczuro
    Level 2  
    Hello. Did your friend solve a problem with the brake pedal? I have the same Iveco 35C15 from 2010. Brake discs and pads have been replaced, rear calipers after regeneration, manual functional. The system is 100% vented. I checked the brake pump so it also falls off. I wonder if the ABS pump can be this reason (abs is good).
  • #7
    Staszek49
    Level 35  
    Gentlemen, before replacing the brake pads, etc., the ABS pump was operational, because if so, the brakes were not properly bled.
    The braking system with ABS requires a slightly different way of bleeding - the forum contains detailed descriptions and videos.
  • #8
    janczuro
    Level 2  
    Staszek49 wrote:
    Gentlemen, before replacing the brake pads, etc., the ABS pump was operational, because if so, the brakes were not properly bled.
    The braking system with ABS requires a slightly different way of bleeding - the forum contains detailed descriptions and videos.

    For me, ABS normally switched on in winter. I have had this problem with the brake since I bought the car, i.e. for about a year, but before the repair the brake, despite the fact that it was quite effective. And now it is much weaker, the car traveled about 1000 km so the blocks should have already reached. I vented the system in several ways, the pedal does not just grow soft and falls into the floor as if the master cylinder is not efficient enough. I wonder if it is possible that the ABS pump is so airy that no way of venting by pressing the brake pedal it will not be effective but connecting the venting pump can help.
  • #9
    Megawe
    Level 33  
    You can check the clearance between the pump and the stem in the servo. The pump diameter is important because they can be 25.04 mm or 28.58 mm. If there is a brake power corrector in the system, it can also cause that the pedal will be as low as the "pig tails" on these copper wires. The brakes can be bled without leaking the system. Unscrew the caliper, press the brake pedal several times so that the piston extends, set the caliper so that the fluid inlet is on top and quickly press the piston. We do this several times, the second person can check if the fluid with air is returning in the tank. It's a good idea to apply special brake cylinder grease.
  • #10
    janczuro
    Level 2  
    Megawe wrote:
    You can check the clearance between the pump and the stem in the servo. The pump diameter is important because they can be 25.04 mm or 28.58 mm. If there is a brake power corrector in the system, it can also cause that the pedal will be as low as the "pig tails" on these copper wires. The brakes can be bled without leaking the system. Unscrew the caliper, press the brake pedal several times so that the piston extends, set the caliper so that the fluid inlet is on top and quickly press the piston. We do this several times, the second person can check if the fluid with air is returning in the tank. It's a good idea to apply special brake cylinder grease.

    Thank you for your answer. Can a colleague write if the dimensions of the diameter of the master cylinder which he gave are the dimensions of the piston or the whole pump. Because maybe my car has the wrong master cylinder. The car had a replaced cabin and the pump probably came from this cabin. with pushing the piston, I did so with the rear calipers (Brembo with handbrake) with the difference that the rear calipers are screwed in and I unscrewed the vent when screwing in. I had them disassembled (replacing the rubber bands) and after folding and filling with the liquid, there is always air in them somewhere so I vented them. Of course, the vented system was also a traditional method.
  • #11
    Soltysc11
    Level 2  
    Hello. I with a similar problem, braking on a remote engine. After regenerating the terminals. Someone solved the problem?
  • #12
    Dawid_d153
    Level 4  
    Hello, was the problem with the falling brake resolved?
  • #13
    jacZek
    Level 14  
    Hello. I also have such a problem after replacing the rear calipers. The brake goes down