Elektroda.com
Elektroda.com
X

Rear view camera - goes off when the engine starts

5250 14
This content has been translated » The original version can be found here
  • Level 4  
    Hello, I connected the reversing cam in Seat Leon 2 - red on the reversing lamp, black to the weight of the car under the screw, video to the multimedia station. I turn the key, drive in the rear view camera gives the image, I start the car - the image with a black stripe and nothing can be seen. I will add that on the video cable on both ends of the cable are red cables a few centimeters, a video cable 6 meters about which nothing is written in the instructions, only the control cable. What could be the reason? Thanks in advance.
  • Level 38  
    And in reverse order, first fire backward later?
  • Level 14  
    The camera's power supply is not connected properly. Connecting under a lamp is a bad idea as you can see you have no picture.
  • Level 4  
    No image is how I start the engine as I turn the key and turn on the power then the image is suspected of interference caused by the running engine
  • Level 14  
    power the camera from another source and it will be ok
  • Level 9  
    Hello. I have the same problem in passat b6 1.9 tdi. In addition, I have a problem with the radio where it plays nicely but after starting the engine it loses the radio signal and plays but it hums.
    The camera is connected just like yours, i.e. the back to the metal plate and the power supply of the diodes and the camera to the rear light and on the front the instruction showed to connect with a red cable to pink but then there was no Signal only for a moment the picture was showing and I searched the videos to plug in go under the brake or pin No. 3 I did so but now the picture works nicely only on the engine off and after firing disappears ..
    Can you suggest how you solved your problem? And maybe you'll know something about the radio because I have everything connected there, including the separator, and after starting the engine, the radio signal weakens ..
  • Level 30  
    lykaw wrote:

The camera is connected just like yours, i.e. the back plate is ground and the power supply of the diodes and the camera to the rear light

Several responses to this camera behavior have already been given. Connect the power supply to the camera from a different source, not a reverse bulb. Use a relay connected to the reverse bulb that will power the webcam from a different power source.
  • Level 9  
    Yes, I saw that connect to another source, the problem is that as you can see I am a layman in these matters and I do everything for the first time really. Another power source, but please tell me where I can find this relay. Or should I buy it and pay it somewhere? I really do not know much about this topic and I understood another power source, because I do not know if any other can turn on the cam after driving the reverse gear ..
  • Level 38  
    You buy a relay and connect 30 to the power after ignition 87 to camera 85 to ground and 86 to the rear lamp. It's the whole philosophy.
  • Level 14  
    The relay can be heard, not better on two transistors?
  • Level 38  
    zrachwal84 wrote:
    The relay can be heard, not better on two transistors?

Without exaggeration, this will not be the only relay in this car.
  • Level 14  
    Do not forget about the diode on the relay coil
  • Level 38  
    zrachwal84 wrote:
    Do not forget about the diode on the relay coil

And what's the diode for?
  • Level 14  
    so that the voltage induced when the relay is turned off does not damage the controls.
  • Level 9  
    Thank you gentlemen, I have already checked dry connecting a separate camera to a plus and works nicely on a running engine ? thanks a lot to you all. I will look somewhere like this diode and connect it to be sure.
    Have a nice weekend everyone ?