Elektroda.com
Elektroda.com
X
Elektroda.com

Lark Freebird 43.1 - "Out of memory" Igo 8.3.4 (extended skin)

m這dy641 3861 13
This content has been translated flag-pl » flag-en View the original version here.
    m這dy641
    Level 4  
    Hello

I have a problem with Larek model: 43.1. While navigating mainly on larger routes such as highway, bypass, etc., working in the extended skin mode (GJ6.9.3p), the IGO8 program crashes the error message "Out of memory". I tried to reinstall the application, reset to the initial settings but unfortunately it did not work. After switching to the default skin (no gadgets) IGO works on any route and does not display a message. I have an original map.

I have a question. How to get rid of this error? On other maps (i.e. MapaMap easy) it works without any problems.

Please help

greetings
    japycz321
    Level 26  
    m這dy641 wrote:
    After switching to the default skin (no gadgets) IGO works on any route and does not display a message.

Probably your device does not have enough RAM to work properly with many functions.
    koala106
    Level 39  
    The maps have grown and so are the hardware requirements. Lark 43.1 has 64MB RAM and at the moment it is not enough - minimum 128, and even better 256MB.
    jajacekpl
    Level 24  
    iGO 8.3.4 has zero hardware requirements, so it should flicker on Lark 43.x.
    Remove all "obstacles" from iGO, ie 3D terrain, radars, POIs and others as described in the post And in the MAPS folder, just leave * .fbl files

Add / modify DEBUG section with entries
    cache = 2048
    reserve_memory = 2,000,000
    koala106
    Level 39  
    The igo itself has minimal hardware requirements, but maps, especially the latest HERE, do. on devices with Tomtom Maps working, HERE Maps get hiccups.
    m這dy641
    Level 4  
    Hello

Thanks for your help. I will try to clear all disturbing elements for the operation of the IGO. Unfortunately, I have to leave the speed cameras and POIs. And I found something like this. After unlocking the larka for Windows CE, after entering the Control Panel-system-memory, there is a slider that probably can be moved. I have a question what can be adjusted with it?

greetings

Added after 46 [seconds]:

Where to find this DEBUG?
    japycz321
    Level 26  
    m這dy641 wrote:
    Where to find this DEBUG?

sys.txt in the folder with Igo
    m這dy641
    Level 4  
    And what is this slider in Windows CE memory system for?

Added after 1 [hours] 8 [minutes]:

And is "Out of memory" not due to the low amount of memory on the SD card?
    koala106
    Level 39  
    This slider is used to adjust memory, between system and apps, but with 64MB RAM you won't get a miracle. The amount of free space on the memory card has no effect on the error.
    krzych1-b
    Level 21  
    Is it possible to increase the Ram in Lark?
    krzych1-b
    Level 21  
    Thanks.
    But I have a question. After removing MAP from Lark MAP, will something improve with speed and quality or is it not worth removing it (I do not use it - only SD penalty)?
    koala106
    Level 39  
    It will not affect the speed of operation.
    m這dy641
    Level 4  
    Hello

IGO problem solved with a more powerful navigation device. Once changed, the IGO works like a rocket :)

Thank you for any answers and best regards.

I close the topic