Elektroda.com
Elektroda.com
X

Opel Meriva A - Assistance - replacement of the angle sensor - calibration

saly 9534 7
This content has been translated flag-pl » flag-en View the original version here.
    saly
    Level 32  
    I have a question, I read a lot on the electrode, but I wanted to confirm whether after replacing the steering angle sensor, the power steering should start without calibrating the steering angle sensor. Is it necessary to calibrate after replacement so that the power steering starts? The car is without ESP.

Before the exchange, I had a C1500 error with the description "Incorrect sensor signal". After replacing the steering angle sensor, I have a C1500 error with the description "Voltage out of range", the power steering does not start at all. Error right after running.
    The problem is that I have nothing to do to calibrate.

I bought a used sensor and I suspect it was blown.
    szymitsu21
    Moderator of Cars
    If you mount it correctly, it should work even without calibration.

See in the parameters the angle that is seen when the steering wheel is straight ahead.
    tomasz0703
    Level 25  
    It is not only about the angle but also the strength in NM
    saly
    Level 32  
    Before starting, when the sensor tests the parameters, you can see how the force changes, as I tighten the steering wheels, the angle does not change. There is an error after boot and the parameters are already dead, they don't change.
    So the sensor is released.
    audic5
    Level 11  
    hello, the torque and steering sensor must be perfectly mounted on the signs
    saly
    Level 32  
    In fact, you need to mount the sensor perfectly and no calibration is needed. Properly mounted sensor without pre-tensioning, locked during assembly with a device, gives the effect of correct operation right away. Instructions in the file below.
    audic5
    Level 11  
    hello, I never failed, the force of turning left or right was always different, it always calibrates kts bosch
    saly
    Level 32  
    When you calibrate it, the force sensor must be slightly stretched anyway, otherwise you wouldn't calibrate how tight it would be. I had a sensor mounted in a state of stress of the force sensor, it did not want to pass calibration. And when everything is relaxed, it always goes without calibration.
    I have succeeded more than once. If you do not have a screwed steering wheel and nothing on the steering shaft is tightening, then I press the sensor and loosen the clip.
    Sometimes lifting the wheels helps.