Elektroda.com
Elektroda.com
X
Elektroda.com

DANFOSS - The radiator heats all the time, the regulation of the head does not w

Stanley19 65811 9
This content has been translated flag-pl » flag-en View the original version here.
    Stanley19
    Level 2  
    Hello, I have a problem that the knob in the head does not work in my radiator and therefore I cannot regulate the heating, and the radiator heats up all the time. And here is my question, is there any way to fix it without the help of a professional? Below he adds photos of the head.

DANFOSS - The radiator heats all the time, the regulation of the head does not w
    Stanley19
    Level 2  
    Everything is nice, but I'm a bit green in this topic and I would have to describe it in more detail.
    "On the valve, around the pin that presses the head in, there is a profiled ring. If you look at it, you will notice stamped numbers on it. Pulling it towards you, you can adjust the flow by turning it."

So how exactly should I adjust it so that if I want it not to heat at all, I turn off the radiator and turn it up if I want.
    I apologize in advance for the problems.
    janszy3643
    Level 29  
    If the valve does not respond to the needle controlled by the thermostatic head, it means that: either it is seized, or something has come to the valve, some "rubbish" and the valve cannot close.

Valve for replacement (purging).

The orifice control only allows you to set the average maximum flow in the range of -100%.
    Zbigniew Rusek
    Level 37  
    He could have approached the valve with some rubbish (I also had it in the bathroom once and I have the same valves). You can remove the head, temporarily set the nub (maximum) to the increased flow to flush the valve, then restore the previous initial setting (cross banding) and install the head. There may also be another reason for this, namely a damaged thermostatic head, e.g. a broken metal bellows with gas in the head (as the temperature increases, the gas expands and pushes the plug which presses the needle and closes the valve, and when the temperature drops the gas contracts, and the plug retracts, reducing pressure on the needle). A head that is damaged in this way (pierced bellows) can only be replaced. You can check the head by observing the mushroom's reaction to temperature in it. For example (we do it on the removed head) we measure the distance from the plug to the edge of the nut. Then we put the head into the freezer and measure this distance again. After such a strong cooling (temperature in the freezer around -18 to -20 degrees, sometimes even colder) the difference should be significant.
    janszy3643
    Level 29  
    Perhaps otherwise, it is enough to disassemble the thermostatic head and install a special knob (such a red nut) that allows you to manually close the valve. If the valve can be closed like this, it is functional, and only the thermostatic head is damaged, if not, as I wrote, the valve to be replaced.
    Ev...
    Level 2  
    Hello. I apologize in advance as it is possible that I should find the answer to my question above, but I am completely ignorant of plumbing. My problem is also that the heater is still hot and I can't turn it off. When I turn the head, it rotates around and in addition to the white knob, the black plastic rotates closer to the pipe. What can I do with it?
    I am asking for help and understanding. ;)
    FOSGEN1
    Level 27  
    Ev ... there should be a nut below the head (ie closer to the pipe). Try to tighten it and stabilize the head position.
    Then the regulation should start working.

If not, write.
    Ev...
    Level 2  
    It worked, thank you very much for your help.
    Could it be repeated, e.g. because an element is well-made?
    FOSGEN1
    Level 27  
    Ev... wrote:
    It worked, thank you very much for your help.

Depending on how long the head was used with the play. But probably, if it worked, it will keep. You can of course try to tighten a little more, but don't go overboard. Because something else will break and there will be a meatball.