Elektroda.com
Elektroda.com
X

UPC Connect Box Modem and Router TP-LINK TL-WR841N different data transfer speed

2451 6
This content has been translated » The original version can be found here
  • Level 8  
    Hello.
    I have a problem with my CONNECT BOX modem / router from UPC. Namely, the matter is that the maximum speed in the network state shows me 54 M b / s and on the router TP-LINK TL-WR841N displays 150M b / s . The card in the laptop is Atheros AR9285 works in 802.11 b / g mode. I will add that it is an old computer but it works :)

I switched the CONNECT BOX modem to modem mode and connected it with a router to pull out 60 M b / s which I have declared by UPC. In this system, i.e. the router connected to the modem in the speed test pulls out about 60 M b / s but it annoys me that I have a modem / router from upc, and I still have to connect another device. What can I do about this and what else should I give you for information so that you can help me?

I improved the units / salmon /
  • Helpful post
    Moderator - Networks, Internet
    Atheros AR9285 works in b / g / n standards (admittedly n only in 150Mbps version, but always ..), maybe in the UPC WiFi router at 2.4GHz is limited in the settings to b / g?
  • Level 8  
    Salmon is now smarter because I know why tp-link showed 150Mbps :) And as for the upc modem, I just switched to N just before, the mixed mode was set b / g / n but nothing has changed.
    In general, the UPC modem is very poor in any settings: / in the wi-fi settings it is possible to change the operating mode, channel selection and channel range. Selection range 20Mhz or 20 / 40Mhz, I tried both settings, it did nothing. I have set the channel to Auto mode unless a specific channel needs to be set to make it better?
    I uploaded a print screen with settings.
  • Helpful post
    Moderator - Networks, Internet
    Well, the chip of your WiFi card was created at a time when there was really no officially approved specification of the n standard. You can also combine with the channels (earlier recognizing the situation in the area, what is broadcasting and on which channels), but this is unlikely to be a way to success. Try testing (after restoring the previous settings in the wifi settings) to go down with the security standard - and even disable security completely for a while - if in this configuration the devices do not "talk" in the right mode, then the slim chance of success ..
  • Level 8  
    Your hints help :) changed network security with
    WPA-PSK / WPA2-PSK on WPA2-PSK alone and the speed increased to 65Mbps. I say it's good, then I have scanned the networks in the area and most of them work on channel 1 or 3 so I say we take as far as possible from these and chose 11. I don't quite know how it works with these channels but I took it on a peasant mind and we have now what in the picture :)
    Thank you very much for your help and guiding me to solve the annoying problem :)
    Subject to close.
    I cordially greet you and wish you a pleasant weekend :)
  • Moderator - Networks, Internet
    See if you have "20 / 40MHz" set in "Channel range", maybe you can still improve the performance of this link ;)
  • Level 8  
    yes, I have adjustable 20/40 MHZ. I'm going to open champagne and what good bottle of moonshine :D
    You are great :)