Search our partners

Find the latest content on electronic components. Datasheets.com
Elektroda.com

Module (BMS PCM PCB) for charging and protecting Li-ion cells 3S 12V 6A - 18650

płetwa 6324 14
This content has been translated » The original version can be found here
    płetwa
    Level 31  
    I bought this one system and I have some doubts about its operation.
    According to the description (page quote, link above): "Electronic system protecting batteries against discharge a charger at the same time for these batteries.
    It allows you to build a secure battery pack that does not need to be charged with special chargers for li-ion batteries ".
    The 2 in 1 module will keep the cells in the best conditions, preventing overcharging and excessive discharging. One module replaces the charger and security module here (I have bolded what is important to me).

I can connect a package armed with this system to a power supply with a voltage above 12V and any current capacity. If so, what about charging signaling?

Is it just a safety system and does it require a specialized charger?
    aaanteka
    Level 39  
    After all, our clearly described in the title:

"BMS PCM PCB module for charging and protecting Li-ion cells 3S 12V 6A - 18650 ".

And in the description of the tile:
    " Technical data
    Security before overcharging: 4.25-4.35v ? 0.05v (per cell)
    Protection against over discharge: 2.3-3.0v ? 0.05v (per cell)
    Maximum working current: 4-5A
    Maximum peak current: 6-7A
    Working temperature: -40 + 50 C
    Storage temperature: -40- +80
    Low current: 6uA
    Life cycle: over 50,000 hours
    Resistance: Less than 45m?
    Dimensions: 50 * 16 * 1.0mm
    ".
    It looks like what is in the description - a complete 3 cell package charger. Of course, the power supply must be from a power supply with adequate capacity and output voltage respectively larger than the contractual 12V (package after charging to 12.75V-13.05V and there are transistors on the way). It's best to ask the supplier about the parameters of a dedicated power supply.
    aaanteka
    Level 39  
    But this module already has a balancer. :D
    aaanteka
    Level 39  
    But according to the manufacturer and the elements contained on the disc, the system has a balancer. This is even indicated by the very description of voltage control on a particular cell, how the cells are connected.
    Attachments:
    płetwa
    Level 31  
    wojtek 9007 wrote:
    Hello - in my opinion there is none - please review it again;
    https://abc-rc.pl/modul-balansera-li-ion-li-po-3s-

Well ... very nice balancer, only how it relates to the subject. My circuit has it built in, I know for sure.

The basic question is whether how to connect the 18V 1100mA power supply (I have it on hand) - will I charge or spool?
    And when I charge it, how will I know that it is already.

Here they spelled nice, but my English is a bit short.
    krzysiek_krm
    Level 39  
    Hello,
    which exactly is the layout, there is a whole pack of photos in the link.
    If the first from the shore then it is secondary protection only , there is no charger, no balancing and other such.
    The producer (seller) misleads buyers.
    Theoretically, you can charge such a package directly from the power supply, if the power supply has an appropriate current limit working in a convention of a power source, it will work fairly well in the CC charging phase. After crossing the "overcharge" limit by any link, the protection system will simply cut off the power circuit. It will work, but you shouldn't charge the cells, the "secondary protection" is the last line of defense for the cell when all else fails. In addition, "commuting" with charging voltage to the cut-off cutoff voltage causes cell degradation and a significant reduction in lifetime.

best regards
  • Helpful post
    krzysiek_krm
    Level 39  
    płetwa wrote:
    krzysiek_krm wrote:

My post has changed, but it is the one from the first photo:
    https://abc-rc.pl/modul-ladowania-ochrony-ogniw-li-ion

This arrangement is only collateral : overcharge, overdischarge, overcurrent protection, does not contain any charger and even more balancing.
    I suggest you check one more thing. The seller gives anything enigmatically quite large threshold voltage ranges. Download the layout documentation from post # 6, or if you do not want to spend points, look for the layout documentation on the network (Seiko and various clones). Then read the layout marking on your board and check the table in the documentation for what exactly the parameter values have a layout from your board, you may find that they just don't match your links.
  • Helpful post
    Freddy
    Level 43  
    aaanteka wrote:
    But according to the manufacturer and the elements contained on the disc, the system has a balancer. This is even indicated by the very description of voltage control on a particular cell, how the cells are connected.

Quote:
    S-8254A Series is a protection IC

This is only a security module, not a charger.
    In addition, you request 4 points for DS.
    płetwa
    Level 31  
    As you can see, the topic has been exhausted. I have some working links from the METABO screwdriver, the system was not expensive, so I can afford destructive testing.

I close the topic for now, but if something interesting arises, please unlock it and write a few words.
    hashwrc
    Level 11  
    wojtek 9007 wrote:
    Hello - in my opinion there is none - please review it again;
    https://abc-rc.pl/modul-balansera-li-ion-li-po-3s-

Can you give a link to this first plate and connection diagram?

Added after 4 [minutes]:

krzysiek_krm wrote:
    płetwa wrote:
    krzysiek_krm wrote:

My post has changed, but it is the one from the first photo:
    https://abc-rc.pl/modul-ladowania-ochrony-ogniw-li-ion

This arrangement is only collateral : overcharge, overdischarge, overcurrent protection, does not contain any charger and even more balancing.
    I suggest you check one more thing. The seller gives anything enigmatically quite large threshold voltage ranges. Download the layout documentation from post # 6, or if you do not want to spend points, look for the layout documentation on the network (Seiko and various clones). Then read the layout marking on your board and check the table in the documentation for what exactly the parameter values have a layout from your board, you may find that they just don't match your links.

So what layout should you add so that you can charge and balance? You can write what systems and how to connect to be able to safely load the package with a regular charger?
    I understand I need two layouts. Balancer + charging module + security module also ?? anyone give links to such modules and connection diagram?

Can anyone explain to me what is BMS, PCM, Balancer? so blatantly
    budro2
    Level 12  
    Read here about BMS
    https://abc-rc.pl/BMS-Li-ion-Co-To-Jest-i-co-...-i-ogniwach-litowych-blog-pol-1540976010.html
    PCB - it's just a printed circuit board with electronic components
    Balancer is a system that charges the cells individually because the consumption of cells can be different. Not every module has a balancer.
    The BMS protection module is not really a charger because it must be properly powered with a limited current and voltage following the package. It cannot be a stabilized power supply with a voltage of 4.2Vx3S = ~ 13V DC because with a heavily discharged 3Vx3S = 9V package it will tend to 13V and it will turn off and if it has current protection with undercutting, it will turn off. A certain solution is an unregulated transformer power supply, e.g. 9V DC, which idle has over 13V DC but will be without charging end signaling.
    A better solution is to buy a dedicated 3S power supply / charger:

Which should have an end voltage of 12.6V, current limit and a Leda signaling power loss / end of charge.
    You can also make a nice charger using a 14-15V DC, 1-3A inventor power supply, for example:

and a led driver, for example:
    Module (BMS PCM PCB) for charging and protecting Li-ion cells 3S 12V 6A - 18650

It has current limit and end voltage adjustable with blue potentiometers, and the LEDs on the board show the charging status. It is good to give us. and you. 470 micro electrolytes and a Schottky diode at the input to protect against reverse polarity.
    (suitable for 1S-7S packages and the power supply should have a voltage of ~ 2V higher than the final voltage)

Moderated By radsat:

https://www.elektroda.pl/rtvforum/faq.php point: 3.1.18 I have removed the links.