Elektroda.com
Elektroda.com
X

Search our partners

Find the latest content on electronic components. Datasheets.com
Elektroda.com

[Solved] Photovoltaics, how many panels on one chain

czesterw 34245 36
This content has been translated flag-pl » flag-en View the original version here.
    krissgut
    Level 9  
    czesterw wrote:
    Thank you very much for sharing your experiences with me and I am asking for more, for which I thank you in advance. Are there two wires coming out of the bidirectional meter, separately for a home installation and a separate one for photovoltaics. Is it one 5-core cable to which you can connect, in front of the home fuse box, a photovoltaic cable secured with a suitable switch. Can you look at your network on the Internet as tz. guest. Just like on the link solaredg gave me. I can choose any country there, any user, I just haven't checked if you are there as krissgut or as a different user. Can you write to me in which region of Poland you have your installation. I am from Olsztyn. On the Internet, the power of the viewed installation is given, but there is no place and therefore I cannot define how it relates to Olsztyn. I look out the window, the sun is full for me, and the guy is barely 50 W on an instance of 5 KWp.

From the meter 5 wires, but you do not connect the inverter directly to the meter, only to the main security in the box at home - at least I have it. So if there is no electricity in at least one phase, the 3-phase inverter does not work, but if you cut off the power from the grid and supply electricity from a small generator, for example, on a beautiful day, despite the lack of electricity from the grid, you have your own electricity.
    I am from the vicinity of Krakow, so a bit on the other side of Poland. Today my bad weather was only 14 kWh, but yesterday it was 51 kWh.
    As for the preview, as a guest, you are looking by name or ID?
    I see that you have concerns about buying - I had too, but now I'm happy. The rule is that if you have several roof slopes or shades, run Solaredge, if you have one slope, run anything else, because it's a pity to overpay for optimizers.
    czesterw
    Level 9  
    So the meter comes out as in the previous ordinary meter 5 wires or 5 single-wire, single-wire wires. I am writing this carefully, because you can understand the word cord in different ways. Besides, my situation is quite complicated. From the meter it flies to one fuse box and then to the second supplying the floor. The first one protects only the ground floor and the basement (old part of the house, aluminum cables), the second independent one protects the superstructure (CU cables)
    Therefore, I think I have to enter with an inverter with appropriate protections right at the meter. But this will be decided by the electrician. I also want to modernize some of the basement installations. Here I have to provide power to power the water heaters in the boiler or the heat pump. But that is a different matter on a different topic.
    One of my colleagues above wrote that optimizers do not exist. I believe that he is not right.
    I have, as I wrote, two roof slopes. Just like you, without optimizers, the installation would not work half a whistle.
    . More about internet preview. As the owner of the installation, you probably have access to all system options. Write, if time allows you, what else you can read from it. Does the owner have an installer account or is it reserved only for the installer, i.e. the company that made. Installations. Because what would be after the guarantee.
    When I'm on the web, in Poland, for example, the list of Solaredg users is growing in the form of a nickname (nickow). I don't even know if it's alphabetical. There is a company name (abbreviation), installation power
    eg 5 KWp And probably everything. I will check even more. Thank you and best regards Czesław
    Level 30  
    You can connect the inverter to any switchgear if the power cables of these switchgears meet the requirements in terms of expected current and voltage drop.

As for two different slopes without the expected shading, it is used with, for example, two MPP inputs, it will meet the same and economically more advantageously
    czesterw
    Level 9  
    As for the preview, I can monitor one installation provided to me by my future installer, and to a limited extent. From this preview to the home page, I can choose countries, cities, etc. And so I know that there are 6 users in Krakow, one of which has 10 KWp installed and has reached a maximum of 9.6 KWp. I guess it must be on one slope, or is it enhancement of the optimizers? I can not see how the photovoltaics works on the monitoring provided to me.
    In the field name of the installation there is e.g. a seven-digit number or name of the type: 1st SolarEdge in Gorzowice.
    Regards Czesław

Added after 12 [minutes]:

To 3301. Sorry, but apparently my knowledge is mediocre and hence my questions. Are 5 wires from a bidirectional meter 5 properly secured from the inverter and 5 going to the box, or tz. fuse board on the ground floor and on to the second board on the second floor
    can be linked together right after the meter.
    Because I do not understand "meet the requirements in terms of what is expected

Added after 2 [minutes]:

It kicked me out, so here I end the previous sentence.
    of the expected current and voltage drop "
    Regards Czesław
    sethir
    Level 12  
    Here it is described what the owner of the installation can have access to and how the installer allows him.

Link
    czesterw
    Level 9  
    Hello. I used some of the hints and solved my problem as follows:
    1.I installed 23 polycrystalline panels of 285 Wp on two slopes of 5 and 18 panels.
    One slope smaller 5 pcs (I couldn't give more) S / E, the other 18 pcs S / H.
    2 Determining which are better, mono or polycrystalline is virtually impossible.
    Putting two different ones working in the same conditions next to each other could
    it takes a long time to answer this question.
    3. I have installed 23 optimizers, thanks to which I can read the power in real time
    each panel.
    4. I believe that it was a mistake to choose the SolarEdge SE5K inverter with too little power. It prevents me from increasing the power of the installation.
    5. In my opinion, it was necessary to create an installation with a capacity of slightly less than 10 KWp. Well, the price was decisive and there was no space on the roof.
    6. I started the installation on May 29 this year. As of today, the installation has produced 2.21 MWh for me according to the SolarEdge application. Maximum instantaneous power approx. 5.3 KWp.
    I discharged 1,874 kWh to the Energa network, of which I will be able to receive 80%.
    The whole cost was PLN 30.5 thousand.
    7. I have the Solaredga application and My Counter with Energa-Obrót on my phone.
    Greetings. Czesław
    czesterw
    Level 9  
    1.I installed 23 polycrystalline panels of 285 Wp on two slopes of 5 and 18 panels.
    2 Determining which are better, mono or polycrystalline, is virtually impossible.
    Putting two different ones working in the same conditions next to each other could
    it takes a long time to answer this question.
    3. I have installed 23 optimizers, thanks to which I can read the power in real time
    each panel.
    4. I believe that it was a mistake to choose the SolarEdge SE5K inverter with too little power. It prevents me from increasing the power of the installation.
    5. In my opinion, it was necessary to create an installation with a capacity of slightly less than 10 KWp. Well, the price was decisive and there was no space on the roof.
    6. I started the installation on May 29 this year. As of today, the installation has produced 2.21 MWh for me according to the SolarEdge application. Maximum instantaneous power approx. 5.3 KWp.
    I discharged 1,874 kWh to the Energa network, of which I will be able to receive 80%.
    7. I have the Solaredga application and My Counter with Energa-Obrót on my phone.
    Greetings. Czesław

Added after 9 [hours] 52 [minutes]:

Posted: Aug 12 2019 10:55 Post subject: Photovoltaics, how many panels on one chain
    2 Determining which are better, mono or polycrystalline is virtually impossible.
    Placing two different ones working in the same conditions next to each other could answer this question only after a long time.
    3. I have installed 23 optimizers, thanks to which I can read the power of each panel in real time and how many Wh has produced this panel since the morning.
    5. In my opinion, it was necessary to create an installation with a power slightly lower than 10 KWp. Well, the price was decisive and there was no space on the roof.
    7. I have the Solaredga application and My Counter with Energa-Obrót on my phone. It would be ideal if both applications were connected.
    Greetings. Czesław