Search our partners

Find the latest content on electronic components. Datasheets.com
Elektroda.com

Peugeot 3008 1.6 THP - Odma - modification

Przemo1194 25428 35
This content has been translated » The original version can be found here
    Przemo1194
    Level 7  
    If it were only gases, then there would be no need to rewrite the pneumothorax. The problem is that large amounts of oil are released in the form of oil mist, which passes through the entire intake system and is then burned.

In addition, the engine has direct injection, so an additional problem is that there is a sinter of oil (coming from pneumothorax) on the valve stems and in the inlet channels of the head because only air flows there and not the mixture that washed this section of the system as in old gasoline.

I leave the matter of the flow meter because it is not in this engine.

A few months ago I was working on a pneumothorax in 1.6HDi because the oil was dripping from the intake system and the engine had just 50,000 driven. km. and it wasn't turbo's fault.

greetings
    16thp
    Level 1  
    I will modify the pneumothorax.
    0.7 L of oil for about 1000 km. Oil on the valve cover. It's hard to start the engine after a long idle time. Now, after parking the car, if it has to stand for more than 5 hours, I cool the engine down (the car runs at low speed for about 2 minutes and fires like new.
    Pszemo1194 you are great.
    romek1115romek1115
    Level 2  
    Hello, I have the same problem, an oily line and oil consumption. I would like to order such modifications. Recently, I did a continuous route of 2700 km, I added about 1.25l of oil on the entire route. It was the cheapest Full Syntetic 5w30 because I knew it was getting something. Przemo1194 where do you live? I need to redo it and I have concerns whether I will do it as it should be. Possibly someone present will undertake it? I'm from the area of Tarnów. Greetings to all forum members.
    mentalius
    Level 7  
    Gentlemen, I do not contribute to the topic because I sold my 308 1.6 THP with great joy. Let me just mention that a moment before the sale I replaced the valve cover with a new one, but here I also made a modification, namely into the gas and vapor inlet which is in the cover, I put two wires into the pots that did a great job and captured the oil vapors very well and condensed back to the engine by gravity . Thanks to that, the cable that goes from the cover to the turbine was dry. Nevertheless, I diagnosed myself with the problem of flushing the oil on the rings and personally I did not want to break the engine to do it. Someone else has already taken care of it ? Let me just add that the modification was also applied to the old valve cover with the gas output to the atmosphere.
    romek1115romek1115
    Level 2  
    Hello everyone, today, to be sure, I checked the compression pressure and the result of 16bar is practically minimal differences on each cylinder (a bit strange when the service shows 11-14bar) I will add that before changing the oil, I did a rinse, maybe that's why this result. It is possible that in my case it is enough to change the oil to the target good oil + deal with the pneumothorax to further reduce oil loss.
    mentalius
    Level 7  
    Unfortunately not. Here, oil consumption is dictated not so much by its "burning" in the cylinder or the low Noack index (evaporation rate), but by the design of the rings, which were assumed by the manufacturer, due to its concept of the lowest possible rolling resistance. Rings are available for purchase, and more precisely a set corrected by the company from what I remember well Mahle. Instead of the OEM oil ring which consisted of a very delicate spring placed in a ring with drainage holes, which for a moment burnt and lost its properties, Mahle replaced this structure with an oil ring consisting of a traditional "harmonica" and it does its job. In addition, one should also mention the very quickly hardening valve seals, which release oil in huge amounts, which may manifest itself in e.g. oiling / clogging of the exhaust valves (a typical defect of BMW engines - in fact it is a BMW engine: code N14B16), which should also be replaced if someone he will be having fun replacing the rings and removing the head. In addition, when the engine is ripped out, the cylinder honing should be done because it is very delicate and the oil has nowhere to stay on the cylinder bearing surfaces to fulfill its role. their stroke was not too big because it also leads to oil loss and few people remember about it.If you do all this, plus the modification of the pneumothorax, or as Przemo wrote, you can reduce the consumption of the lubricant to zero.