Elektroda.com
Elektroda.com
X
Elektroda.com

Silencing the equipment of the "loud neighbor" from a distance

kiler129 624882 48
This content has been translated flag-pl » flag-en View the original version here.
  • Silencing the equipment of the "loud neighbor" from a distance
    How to have fun at the expense of the neighbors ... make yourself a gun to turn off the TV sets in the estate. The recipe, as usual, came up with a fan of unusual solutions and posted the guide on the Internet. So you can construct... from binoculars and a special universal remote control, a machine to disarm televisions from a distance. The purpose of binoculars is to increase the range of our pilot. Details can be seen at the address at the end - according to the creator - he came up with it when the neighbors made too much noise with the RTV equipment ;)


    Demonstration video:
    [GVideo] http://video.google.pl/videoplay?docid=7206050074057597908&q=electronics [/ GVideo]



    Layout photos and diagram (click to enlarge):

    Silencing the equipment of the "loud neighbor" from a distance Silencing the equipment of the "loud neighbor" from a distance

    I don't think I need to translate the signatures with such a simple scheme?


    Source: http://imakeprojects.com/projects/tvsniper/

    Cool? Ranking DIY
    Can you write similar article? Send message to me and you will get SD card 64GB.
    About Author
    kiler129
    Level 27  
    Offline 
    kiler129 wrote 1304 posts with rating 76, helped 12 times. Live in city Siedlce. Been with us since 2005 year.
  • #2
    MacGyver.
    Level 21  
    Good idea All you need is a programmable remote control and some "spy" giving the neighbor's TV model ;)
  • #3
    kiler129
    Level 27  
    Not necessarily:]
    Look at the rtv fool schematic from my bridge above :D

    edit: Thanks to gulson - points are always useful, I will try to help with translations, although it is formally from this Shqippy, but I will be happy to help him as time goes on.
  • #4
    Duch__
    Level 31  
    Cool thing :) )) I wonder if the "light" from IRka has been thrown on the wall, or if the TV will turn off ... because sometimes the neighborhood has a TV set in such a way that it will not aim directly at it ...
  • #5
    RADKON
    Level 12  
    Well, in my housing estate, most of the people have a TV set with its back to the window, but what some have in front of it :wink: so one could experiment a bit with that :cunning:
    I think he will assemble something like this: yes:


    Duch__ wrote:
    Cool thing :) )) I wonder if the "light" from IRka has been thrown on the wall, or if the TV will turn off ... because sometimes the neighborhood has a TV set in such a way that it will not aim directly at it ...



    Probably not, unless the IR beam would be reflected from e.g. a mirror.
  • #6
    A_Romek
    Level 12  
    And when it comes to mirror coverings, I don't know, but if I have strong batteries in the remote control, I can do it in such a way that I bounce off the wall because if it's weak, there's no help.
    Well, can someone explain to me why this photodiode is there :)
    and the laser modules are expensive and which one to buy
  • #7
    RADKON
    Level 12  
    Well, you are right, because IR rays are not the same as radio waves, so they do not penetrate the wall, and they probably bounce off it. :)

    I wonder at what angle you need to set the binoculars to reflect the beam from the neighbor's wall directly to the IR receiver on his TV :roll:

    Well, you will have to play with it a bit, but at least the neighbors in the block across the street won't know what's going on with their TV :) because, as you know, IR rays are invisible to the human eye, not like the rays from a laser from the Russian ones that sell at the bazaar, so I'm not going to add any laser diode that would only expose me :cunning: for there is a blinding ray visible :crazyeyes: and I know well what it may end with :sm31:
  • #8
    hscx
    Level 2  
    RADKON wrote:
    not like the rays from a laser from the Russian ones that sell at the bazaar, so I'm not going to add any laser diode that would only expose me :cunning: for there is a blinding ray visible :crazyeyes: and I know well what it may end with :sm31:


    This is not an ordinary laser pointer or any other toy, but an infrared laser module. You can buy it from the Russians, but rather only with night vision devices, you can also look for it in medical equipment. With a sufficiently high power and a properly blurred beam, you can control televisions even in several rooms, and the binoculars only help you direct the beam.
  • #9
    kiler129
    Level 27  
    Laser ir? No problem ! Old cd / rw is enough. I think they were like that in cd readers, for sure in cd recorders, they were laser diodes but operating in infrared :D
  • #10
    Rudolfak
    Level 14  
    It's a pity that I live in a detached house and can't try this layout out.
  • #11
    Irek88
    Level 2  
    And it would be possible to do something like this only for the tower? ;]
    I have a problem with a neighbor who loves loud music after 23;]
  • #12
    Nerwus
    Level 18  
    Object cool. Since the universal remote control, you can control the tower. And my dear, if you have a problem with a neighbor, you'd better go to her after 23, maybe she dances in the right outfit. Yes, after 10 visits it will either soften or you will soften. Ultimately, he may invite you inside.
  • #13
    tygrys28
    Level 17  
    and I have one question looking at the documentation for the device described by my colleague kiler129 - does my friend know Polish? :?:
  • #14
    Jarema
    User under supervision
    Hello,
    Nerwus wrote:
    Since the universal remote control, you can control the tower.

    Provided that the tower is controlled by a remote control.
    A brilliant idea would be to control, for example, a tower that does not have a remote control and I do not mean twisting the fuses for the neighbor because the dialer could have unpleasantness. :D .
  • #15
    Irek88
    Level 2  
    And if so, I will probably try to do this project;]

    Personally, I do not see any reason for me to flinch;]
    You don't live badly with a neighbor, her only problem is that she forgets that some people get up to work in the morning, unlike her;]
  • #16
    pan_deejay
    Level 22  
    um, gentlemen, the best and very effective solution is to use targeted EPM (electromagnetic pulse) - one shot and the equipment. Of course you have to deal with the generator power supply, but what for us :D :D :D :D
  • #17
    submariner
    Level 32  
    or maybe a magnetron from a microwave oven? :)
    if the wall is not thick, it is effective
  • #18
    dowodca_armii
    Level 30  
    Great layout but for my neighbors because I like to make noise :)
  • #19
    m_arti21
    Level 13  
    And it does not work sometimes that you need a special TV-B-Gone remote control and this system only receives the data from the remote control via a photo diode and sends it through a more powerful ir laser?

    Added after 2 [minutes]:

    Does anyone have a diagram of this remote control? ;)
  • #20
    Jacqbus
    Level 12  
    pan_deejay wrote:
    um, gentlemen, the best and very effective solution is to use targeted EPM (electromagnetic pulse) - one shot and the equipment. Of course you have to deal with the generator power supply, but what for us :D :D :D :D

    I guess EMP (ElectroMagnetic Pulse) or something like that :D
  • #21
    Pth
    Level 26  
    m_arti21 - it's just like you say.
    I got the idea that instead of the ir diode, you could connect a Prock that would send all possible RC5 commands in a row! :P That would be the case. It may only be a problem with the number of these commands, because if the rc5 addresses are "a little" and the commands are also "very many" together, but what is it for a prock. It could be some AVR Atmel. Even Atmega8, attiny 2313 :) - I guess I'll do it. I live in a single-family house, but in front of my house there is a large block (]: ->) (there will be some 20 meters away) and it will be fun when all the TV sets start to go crazy. Does anyone know how many RC5 commands are there?
  • #22
    Marcin1326
    Level 13  
    Pth wrote:
    Does anyone know how many RC5 commands are there?


    As stated in the Bascom help file, "RC5 standard transmitters transmit 14-bit data words, encoded in a bi-phase format, also called the Manchester code."
    The first two bits of a word are always ones and together constitute the start signal. The next bit is a control bit, changed in successive transmitted words when the user holds down the remote control key - this allows the commands to be repeated. The next 5 bits represent the address of the device which is to be the actual receiver of the transmission. For example: TV receivers usually have address 0 and VCRs usually have address 5. The last 6 bits represent one of the 64 possible commands. "

    so there are 32 addresses times 64 commands = 2048 possibilities :D
  • #23
    Pth
    Level 26  
    Well! Only 2048 combinations ?! What is this for the CPU ?! I already know now what I will have fun at the weekend hehe:] Now just a matter of getting an IR laser. Anyone know if you really can take these from old cd-rw drives?
  • #24
    m_arti21
    Level 13  
    But this remote control, how does he know what signal turns off which TV? is it normalized somehow? :D ( I do not think so )
  • #25
    koloj
    Level 10  
    can someone tell me why the author used up to 2 transistors?
  • #26
    biscent12
    Level 15  
    Maybe this is an idiotic question, but instead of transistors, you can give an LM386 amplifier?
  • #27
    Zumo
    Level 21  
    Well, I already know what I will use the IR LED on my desk for.
    greetings
  • #28
    mariusz p
    Level 19  
    Hello,
    this is not a remote control - let's just arrange an ir amplifier. For this to work, a "proper" or universal remote control is needed.
    In my opinion, the chances are that it will work through the window - unless it's open

    greetings
  • #29
    alecsandrus
    Level 15  
    This is how I read your posts and I came to the conclusion that it would be even worthwhile to develop such a layout, only nowhere did I see the range of this IR signal, someone could enlighten me.
  • #30
    michal.rogaczewski
    Level 28  
    Hello
    If I understand the principle of operation correctly, could it be used as an infrared extender? So the receiver and transistors in one room and the Ir diode on the cable instead of the laser in the other?