mb1988 369911 234
This content has been translated » The original version can be found here
    mb1988
    Level 12  
    I had on hand, which will not change the fact that very nice drivers are
    :)
    Meeshell
    Level 11  
    Great design, the only thing I have to add is whether you were thinking about sucking in air from the inside? It is known that then you will not be able to remove the back panel to get into the system, but thanks to that there would be practically no air resistance and it would be possible that it would become even quieter.
    User removed account
    User removed account  
    *seba*
    Level 12  
    beautiful projection also I would be interested in building something like that.
    Drop some schematic, program, etc.
    Pawe³matrix
    Level 11  
    I'm interested in one thing, if you need to control the brightness of the diodes, depending on the distance from the inside, because the "pixel" of the same size eg in the middle will be continuously lit, and the "pixel" will appear for a fraction of the period or not will there be a difference in brightness?
    big_foot
    Level 11  
    Can I ask for photos of brushes? How did you solve them? Weight is given through the motor housing?
    Pawe³matrix
    Level 11  
    big_foot wrote:
    Can I ask for pictures of brushes? How did you solve them? Weight is given through the motor housing?

a better solution would be to use two coils placed on the axis of rotation one on the plate and control of alternating voltage would be contactless
    :-)
    mb1988
    Level 12  
    Quote:
    ... did you ever think about sucking in air from the inside?
    Somewhere I thought this thought flashed, but it would require a very tight casing. Besides, I would not even know how to take it for myself and how to suck the air in from the inside, because it was not my mouth
    :P

Quote:
    I wonder how you sold all these SMD components after soldering?
    simple soldering iron. I do not like stitched assembly, who would want to drill so many holes.

Quote:
    I'm interested in one thing, do you need to control the brightness of the diodes especially depending on the distance from the center
    Of course you can, but in this project do not allow me microcontroller resources. The only thing I could get was a 3-degree scale of brightness, so I gave it up altogether. The effect you describe can be seen.

Quote:
    Can I ask for pictures of brushes? How did you solve them? Weight is given through the motor housing?

The brushes can be seen on the film (they are made of wire in black insulation so you have to look at it). At the end of the wires, proper brushes are soldered (
    ) removed from the walkman's engine. The mass, as you have noticed, goes through the engine body and through the fastening screws. Plus, it is transferred to a copper circle on the underside of the plate.
    HakuS492
    Level 12  
    As for air suction, it's not a stupid idea
    I do not know if I think well but I think that if we mounted the valves on the bicycle, of course, the reverse, maybe it would suck up the air. Can you help yourself with a vacuum cleaner with some adapter, and seal the housing with some clear silicone? hmm ... here is no wonder it would calm down the whole system. greetings
    :D
    Pawe³matrix
    Level 11  
    Quote:
    I'm interested in one thing, do you need to control the brightness of the diodes especially depending on the distance from the center
    Of course you can, but in this project do not allow me microcontroller resources. The only thing I could get was a 3-degree scale of brightness, so I gave it up altogether. The effect you describe can be seen.

you do not need to control the one from prock, just select the resistor values in series with the LEDs

Oh, I noticed a bug in reasoning, you have to change the way of counting down the time between successive jumps,
    as you know, the engine speed is not constant, which causes rounding errors in this 8bit timer and slight skipping of the displayed image,
    to solve this problem you need to use the COMPARE MATCH break in this style and add complete with flukes to some registry that will hold another value of the timer1 at which the next step will take, of course, you already round to the total number

or:
    you've got 230,333,333 timer cycles between jumps
    first you have REG in the register = 0; then you add it 230.3333 and you have REG = 230, then you add another 230.3333 and you have REG = 461, of course this REG will compare with the current value of the timer, which probably AVR can do hardware and discard the interrupt, you have to invent an algorithm
    then there will be no jumps
    I wrote too much
    Good luck

I like the design in general
    mb1988
    Level 12  
    Quote:
    you do not need to control the one from prock, just select resistor values in series with
    Consent, eg when I light all LEDs on 360 degrees, your solutions work well, but when I light one line (ie, a hand) it does not glow evenly. The effect was the opposite
    . The only advice is another driver, and as I mentioned, I miss megahertz (or I can not use them properly
    ).

As for the smoothness of the display, it can certainly be better written. I am a beginner programmer, my programs are exemplary but the most important thing is that something shines there, something blinks and the joy of how it is. I would like to thank you for all the valuable comments
    Pawe³matrix
    Level 11  
    mb1988 wrote:
    Consent, when, for example, I light all LEDs on 360 degrees, your solutions work well, but when I light one line (ie, a hint) it does not glow evenly. The effect was the opposite
    . The only advice is another driver, and as I mentioned, I miss megahertz (or I can not use them properly
    ).

maybe bad ones, for a large difference between the biggest and the smallest

mb1988 wrote:
    As for the smoothness of the display, it certainly can be better written. I am a beginner programmer, my programs are exemplary but the most important thing is that something shines there, something blinks and the joy of how it is. I would like to thank you for all the valuable comments

if I find the time, it will describe you algo. how to do it without using any bangs or multiplication / division to make it work quickly
    ;-)

mb1988 wrote:
    I am a beginner programmer, my programs are exemplary but the most important thing is that something shines there, something blinks and the joy of how it is. I would like to thank you for all the valuable comments

and with such beginners you are not well called variables, for example gCostam means global change
    ;-)
    Meny93
    Level 10  
    Hello. I really like your Clock. I would like to do it only with a silent pattern. And that's why I ask when it's ready.
    Greetings
    mb1988
    Level 12  
    Please be patient, I will make the materials available soon.

By the way, after listening to your opinions, I am already a little bit tempted to change this clock. I will leave the housing, because I like it (
    ) but inside I would change:
    1) transformer is coreless instead of brushes
    2) 63 (sic!) Blue diodes on diameter instead of 32 on a radius (this means reducing the speed of the motor twice, i.e. almost inaudible operation). I wonder if it will attract you.
    3) added simple IR communication, which would not require a computer and programmer to change the time.

Eh, only when I find time for everything ...
    Meeshell
    Level 11  
    regarding 63 diodes on the diameter - I do not know if the time of ignition of these diodes on the other side of the propeller at half speed of rotation exactly in the same place as the previous ones ignited so perfectly. The picture would be double slightly shifted.
    anonimowybartek
    Level 19  
    wow! something beautiful ... I really like spectral watches, especially this one!
    PS: the theme from the end of the movie is brilliant! I did not think it would give any advice to display animation on it
    User removed account
    User removed account  
    mb1988
    Level 12  
    It would look pretty good, but it would be good to adjust the brightness right away so that you can get more than 8 colors. But considering the number of LEDs, making tiles at home under such a system would be very difficult. Besides, in order to get the mentioned colors at such revolutions, I think that one would have to put in something more powerful than atmega.

TDA5140A I won in tme (without advertising).
    kropkacompl
    Level 2  
    Great Respect
    To admire only and envy the skills and knowledge because you can and say it's easy, but not for me.

For me I would need a description (a peasant one) step by step plus a program.
    User removed account
    User removed account  
    Zubiik
    Level 12  
    Hello. I must say that the clock has made a huge impact on me !! I am already wondering about my own design, and here is my question: how do you think or will it be possible to write software in bascom ?? Is not he
    too "free" for such applications ?? And how much space does your place take
    code in the processor ??
    Slaby
    Level 12  
    Well, buddy, respect
    Projekcik cool, I am looking forward to the documentation and in between time I will think about another way to power the puzzle
    eg a rotating transformer

pozdrowionka
    User removed account
    User removed account  
    K_o_n_r_a_d
    Level 23  
    Quote:
    Zubiik , in my opinion, and from what I have heard, the bascoms are terribly musky and eats the memory. and after that, the trial version gives you a low code generation ability, it's about the size that the code can not exceed 4096kb.

If you can write correct programs and get to know Bascom, the acoustic spectrum analyzer will be able to do it in Bascom.

It can be done in Bascom and the display should fit in 4kB of the object code (of course it depends what the display / watch wants to have).
    mb1988
    Level 12  
    Schemes to download. And as for these brushes, it seems to me that I have already said that, but I will repeat it again: yes, I am perfectly aware that the clock will not work in a short time, but I will not despair because of it. I will have at least an excuse to make another version, more perfect:).
    Slaby
    Level 12  
    Buddy, could you provide a link or source where these schemata you put ?? Today I am a bit yesterday so if I did not notice something then I'm sorry
    mb1988
    Level 12  
    Where usually the documentation should be, i.e. in the first post