Hello. Due to backyard earthworks and a large amount of stone in the ground, there was a need to build a screen. YouTube videos were the inspiration. The frame is made of angle bar 40. The proper screen is made of welded mesh (1x2m) with 12x12mm mesh made of 1mm wire. The net has been attached to the bicycle rims (62cm inside). The shaft is a 3/4 inch pipe mounted on 2 bearings, '' spokes '' made of 6mm wire. Engine from an old concrete mixer with a capacity of about 500W 1420rpm. The screen turns at a speed of about 50 rev / min. At faster revolutions, the centripetal force is too high and the earth sticks to the grid. The whole may not look great but meets 100% design assumptions. The cost of construction due to the possession of some elements did not exceed PLN 200. [Film: edef84e81e] https://filmy.elektroda.pl/32_1500840876.mp4 [/ film: edef84e81e]
That I would make some "hopper" to pour "material" from the front
I thought about it too but due to material shortages I abandoned the idea. After a few tons of shifted soil I can safely say that it is better without a hopper. Maybe it would look nice but the shovel would have to be raised higher. Long-stemmed shank is enough.
Kurtka na wacia wrote:
Replace the engine fan housing.
Old engine and covers I can't get. Contrary to appearances, after 2-3 hours of work in hot weather has a temperature of about 50 ° C so overheating is not a threat.
Why such a large distance from the front of the frame to the drum? You can see that because of this the axle bends when throwing soil. A cover from above would be useful, because a lot of soil flies around.
Why such a large distance from the front of the frame to the drum?
The aforementioned funnel (chute) was supposed to be there. But as I wrote earlier: I would have to lift each chute with soil about 30cm higher and this is really a lot when loading manually. Secondly, if the drum was closer, charging would be difficult. The rim is 62cm after bringing it closer to the angle, the feed would decrease to half the diameter.
You can see that because of this the axle bends when throwing soil.
The axis is only a 3/4 inch water pipe. In this configuration, the whole bends but it works like a shock absorber and it seems to me that it is not bad at all.
A cover from above would be useful, because a lot of soil flies around.
It flutters in the drum. Outside, the spoil falls very close.
At the moment, I would only add a thin flat bar hoop on the discharge side. It happens that a stone bounces and falls out.
I have a question - did you try to screen the aggregate there? Would the construction stand to screen such material? I mean personal conviction - because I am thinking of such a design with the difference that you can screen unsorted aggregate.
@beretus Personally, aggregate was not sifted because I did not have such assumptions during the construction. I think that the sieve can handle it provided you make a funnel with a regulating slide. The point is to dispense a solid, not a large amount of aggregate at a time. Unless you would use a thicker wire mesh then you can throw the szyp directly on the mesh.
A little expensive piece of sheet metal just around the fan will improve cooling. On the front you can put a piece of mesh even of plastic.
And how will the shoulder blade break off and hit someone? And this may not be difficult.
And what kind of colleague does anarchism write? This engine has a low speed of just 1,400 rpm. and then it's made of plastic that is really hard to break even by force, good old Polish material. They don't do that today. What is different now is a drama. I would be more afraid of a drum mesh pebble that could fall into a fan when tossed. Oh, this may end badly for staff and onlookers.
It took me a while but finally I assembled my drum screen. The assumptions were similar except that I did not want to have an axis throughout the entire length of the drum. Short description: The motor from the washing machine, old holey barrel with cut out holes, welded mesh, wheels from a baby stroller, scraper from an old bicycle, some V-belts, a reduction roller, some steel profiles partly bought (for legs). The most important thing the author mentioned is the final drum revolutions. In the Master's movie I calculated some 55-56 rpm and I initially got 71 and it would be ok for the clinker but for screening composted soil it was too much. At the end I got 49-50 rev / min and that's ok. I added a few more amenities - adjustable feet to set the drum angle and transport wheels. The cost of materials that I had to buy was about PLN 350, the rest was around the house. I work like this: [Film: 65becf33a6] https://filmy.elektroda.pl/32_1586458239.mp4 [/ film: 65becf33a6]