Elektroda.com
Elektroda.com
X
Elektroda.com

[BK7231N] CoRui TUYA WiFi Smart LED Light Bulb 9W E27 RGBCW

ferbulous 789 5
  • This is a short unboxing of the CoRui TUYA WiFi Smart LED Light Bulb 9W E27 RGBCW based on - BK7231N. I haven't done a full teardown yet to verify which module this has since cloudcutter firmware flashing just works.

Basic information:
    Brand: CoRui
    Chip: BK7231N
    Local Vendor: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004757705195.html

Teardown Photos
    Package:
    Using another review's image for the first image since my packaging was quite trashed on delivery.
    [BK7231N] CoRui TUYA WiFi Smart LED Light Bulb 9W E27 RGBCW
    [BK7231N] CoRui TUYA WiFi Smart LED Light Bulb 9W E27 RGBCW [BK7231N] CoRui TUYA WiFi Smart LED Light Bulb 9W E27 RGBCW [BK7231N] CoRui TUYA WiFi Smart LED Light Bulb 9W E27 RGBCW [BK7231N] CoRui TUYA WiFi Smart LED Light Bulb 9W E27 RGBCW

Method:
    Using tuya-cloudcutter
    Select 'E27-RGBCW-Smart-Life-WB2L_M1' profile from Tuya-Generic list.

Pinout:
    Pin Assignment
    P8 PWM 1
    P7 PWM 2
    P6 PWM 3
    P24 PWM 4
    P26 PWM 5

Cool? Ranking DIY
    About Author
    ferbulous
    Level 13  
    ferbulous wrote 133 posts with rating 17, helped 0 times. Been with us since 2022 year.
    p.kaczmarek2
    Level 28  
    Very nice find. I can see that even with shipping to Poland, this bulb costs only about 29 zł at the moment. It's about 6USD. It's not that much. I just hope that bulb is not overheating itself too much at the highest brightness.
    ferbulous
    Level 13  
    p.kaczmarek2 wrote:
    Very nice find. I can see that even with shipping to Poland, this bulb costs only about 29 zł at the moment. It's about 6USD. It's not that much. I just hope that bulb is not overheating itself too much at the highest brightness.

I got one for 2usd which could be just a new store promo since it's limited to 1 unit per user.
    I had some doubts at first because there was no rating or any feedback on the store but decide to give it a shot anyway.
    romulus73
    Level 27  
    The word "intelligent" about what kaman?
    This is just a light bulb for which the topic is assumed, you do not know how to unpack, maybe let's describe shopping with a ladybug.
    It shocks me, ok, something unusual for 1000zeta, but a light bulb.
    The main one describes three light bulbs, the level is getting better and better.
    p.kaczmarek2
    Level 28  
    User started a topic to provide information that:
    - this particular product uses the BK7231N WiF module, so you can upload it https://github.com/openshwprojects/OpenBK7231T_App and free it from the cloud and freely script / pair it with Home Assistant or other ecosystems
    - this particular product works with Tuya-cloudcutter, with the WB2L_M1 profile, so you can change the firmware without opening the case
    - configuration of this product is specific pins with PWM roles (and there are 6 of them and there are 5 possible orders) and not, for example, the "I2C" driver on specific pins, so that users know how to configure

Some people buy such products and want to change their firmware, and not everyone wants to always guess the pins and check if it is possible to upload the batch remotely and whether there is BK7231 inside or, for example, something completely unsupported.

The users from Elektroda.com simply make a list of IoT devices with which the batch can be changed and document how to configure them. Here is the full list:
    https://openbekeniot.github.io/webapp/devicesList.html

PS: I heard that probably such topics will get a separate section, so soon maybe "Device Interiors" will not be flooded by IoT.

CMS wrote:

A few days ago I bought two similar ones on Allegro. Having SMART, I paid less than PLN 53 for two.

If you're going to change their firmware, let them know what's inside. What WiFi module and what you uploaded.