LCR-T4 electronics components tester ATMega328 - Test and Review

TechEkspert 115041 614
This content has been translated » The original version can be found here
  • Trabi
    Level 36  
    PiotrPitucha wrote:
    Hello
    And the grounds loaded?

Yes. The last (E) for me was set - after reading it from the processor - on FD. Setting it to FC causes the T4 to not turn on at all or it turns on for a second, maybe two and goes out. FD and it works, except that it measures nothing (the LED sees for example as MOS-FET).
    LCR-T4 electronics components tester ATMega328 - Test and Reviewfuse.jpg Download (13.15 kB) LCR-T4 electronics components tester ATMega328 - Test and Reviewfuseok.jpg Download (13.15 kB)
    I log from programming:
    Code:
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

>>>: avrdude -u -c usbasp -p m328p -P COM4 -B 0.5 -U flash:w:"C:\Users\User\Desktop\M328 firmware\m328.hex":a -U eeprom:w:"C:\Users\User\Desktop\M328 firmware\m328.eep":a -U lfuse:w:0xF7:m -U hfuse:w:0xD9:m -U efuse:w:0xFD:m

avrdude.exe: set SCK frequency to 1500000 Hz
    avrdude.exe: warning: cannot set sck period. please check for usbasp firmware update.
    avrdude.exe: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions

Reading | ################################################## | 100% -0.00s

avrdude.exe: Device signature = 0x1e950f (probably m328p)
    avrdude.exe: NOTE: "flash" memory has been specified, an erase cycle will be performed
                 To disable this feature, specify the -D option.
    avrdude.exe: erasing chip
    avrdude.exe: set SCK frequency to 1500000 Hz
    avrdude.exe: warning: cannot set sck period. please check for usbasp firmware update.
    avrdude.exe: reading input file "C:\Users\User\Desktop\M328 firmware\m328.hex"
    avrdude.exe: input file C:\Users\User\Desktop\M328 firmware\m328.hex auto detected as Intel Hex
    avrdude.exe: writing flash (24802 bytes):

Writing | ################################################## | 100% 25.81s

avrdude.exe: 24802 bytes of flash written
    avrdude.exe: verifying flash memory against C:\Users\User\Desktop\M328 firmware\m328.hex:
    avrdude.exe: load data flash data from input file C:\Users\User\Desktop\M328 firmware\m328.hex:
    avrdude.exe: input file C:\Users\User\Desktop\M328 firmware\m328.hex auto detected as Intel Hex
    avrdude.exe: input file C:\Users\User\Desktop\M328 firmware\m328.hex contains 24802 bytes
    avrdude.exe: reading on-chip flash data:

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 12.77s

avrdude.exe: verifying ...
    avrdude.exe: 24802 bytes of flash verified
    avrdude.exe: reading input file "C:\Users\User\Desktop\M328 firmware\m328.eep"
    avrdude.exe: input file C:\Users\User\Desktop\M328 firmware\m328.eep auto detected as Intel Hex
    avrdude.exe: writing eeprom (1024 bytes):

Writing | ################################################## | 100% 10.91s

avrdude.exe: 1024 bytes of eeprom written
    avrdude.exe: verifying eeprom memory against C:\Users\User\Desktop\M328 firmware\m328.eep:
    avrdude.exe: load data eeprom data from input file C:\Users\User\Desktop\M328 firmware\m328.eep:
    avrdude.exe: input file C:\Users\User\Desktop\M328 firmware\m328.eep auto detected as Intel Hex
    avrdude.exe: input file C:\Users\User\Desktop\M328 firmware\m328.eep contains 1024 bytes
    avrdude.exe: reading on-chip eeprom data:

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.61s

avrdude.exe: 1024 bytes of eeprom verified
    avrdude.exe: reading input file "0xF7"
    avrdude.exe: writing lfuse (1 bytes):

Writing | ################################################## | 100% 0.00s

avrdude.exe: 1 bytes of lfuse written
    avrdude.exe: verifying lfuse memory against 0xF7:
    avrdude.exe: load data lfuse data from input file 0xF7:
    avrdude.exe: input file 0xF7 contains 1 bytes
    avrdude.exe: reading on-chip lfuse data:

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.00s

avrdude.exe: 1 bytes of lfuse verified
    avrdude.exe: reading input file "0xD9"
    avrdude.exe: writing hfuse (1 bytes):

Writing | ################################################## | 100% 0.00s

avrdude.exe: 1 bytes of hfuse written
    avrdude.exe: verifying hfuse memory against 0xD9:
    avrdude.exe: load data hfuse data from input file 0xD9:
    avrdude.exe: input file 0xD9 contains 1 bytes
    avrdude.exe: reading on-chip hfuse data:

avrdude.exe: 1 bytes of hfuse verified
    avrdude.exe: reading input file "0xFD"
    avrdude.exe: writing efuse (1 bytes):

Writing | ################################################## | 100% 0.02s

avrdude.exe: 1 bytes of efuse written
    avrdude.exe: verifying efuse memory against 0xFD:
    avrdude.exe: load data efuse data from input file 0xFD:
    avrdude.exe: input file 0xFD contains 1 bytes
    avrdude.exe: reading on-chip efuse data:

avrdude.exe: 1 bytes of efuse verified

avrdude.exe done.  Thank you.
  • DJCheester
    Level 16  
    It is possible that I did not check the electrode software, so you say that you took the first steps ;) Bravo ;)
    Slingshot could fall, or actually measuring inputs from electrostatics, sometimes when you do not have the charges discharged from your hand, a spark jumps after touching the radiator - sometimes it could happen that you were holding an element and during checking, a charge could flow and damage the processor. And you have to remember about discharging the capacitors.

Best regards...
  • Trabi
    Level 36  
    I think so, because something has been "loading" lately ;) and I did not put on the armband. Well, tomorrow I will try to replace it and reprogram it. I will let you know what and how if I manage to replace it, because I have never mentioned such babies :D .
  • DJCheester
    Level 16  
    Hey, it's not so terrible - flux and hot Air and a few seconds and the second one is on, I was also afraid of these SMDs until I got acquainted with the Hot Air station - now I can not imagine working without it - and I used to get tired of a soldering iron.

I wish you success, let me know and good luck ;)
  • Trabi
    Level 36  
    And it went.

There was a bit of tension because it was the first time I was dealing with this baby. There was no problem with desoldering, hot-air did its job. Then coffee (to calm your hands ;) ), flux, setting a new prock and soldering; it went without a problem. I downloaded the factory soft - and the tester started from the first inclusion. Calibrate and works as it worked :D .

LCR-T4 electronics components tester ATMega328 - Test and Reviewpage.jpg Download (375.58 kB)

Again, I want to thank you very much for your help.
  • DJCheester
    Level 16  
    Hello, whenever I replace the chip or other integrated circuit, where there are a lot of pins, I catch a new circuit using a soldering iron, external pins so that the system does not move and then I heat it - it guarantees that the system will not move and will not short-circuit. But the circuit is soldered very nicely and neatly for the first time - a big applause ;)

I'm glad the hardware works ;)

Best regards....
  • PiotrPitucha
    Level 33  
    Hello
    How you have a tolerable wind and not a storm :) it's not necessary to catch the butt. If you have a sensible paste or even well-tinned pads, the system will flow precisely to the center of the pads and so nicely that you won't be able to position it better by hand.
    Recently, I had a dense layout, almost twice as thick as the Atmega in the TQFP, and I will have to solder it that way. Generally, it is better to do it on a hob, but sometimes, due to the lack of systems, part of the testing system is mounted and there is no way to heat from the bottom.
    best regards
  • kristof_61
    Level 10  
    Hello.
    Although I have a sticker on the housing "Discharge capacitor", I connected it without discharging and the display shows such pictures when measuring capacitors and resistors.
    LCR-T4 electronics components tester ATMega328 - Test and Review
    LCR-T4 electronics components tester ATMega328 - Test and Review LCR-T4 electronics components tester ATMega328 - Test and Review LCR-T4 electronics components tester ATMega328 - Test and Review
    In recent posts, you write that the processor may have crashed. Unfortunately, I will not replace the processor, let alone upload the software. I only have to buy a new tester.
  • DJCheester
    Level 16  
    Hello, it is possible that only the soft broke - before I started replacing it, you could connect to the programmer and try to upload the soft again.
    If you did not discharge the capacitor before the measurement, the processor could also ask what charge the capacitor could have - if the voltage on it was greater than 5V, you will probably have to replace the processor.

Greetings ...
  • PiotrPitucha
    Level 33  
    Hello
    Replacing the processor is a piece of cake, but you have to make your life easier. First of all, you gave a lot of photos and you can't see the processor on any of them, which is important for its replacement. Secondly, I can see that the GDPR is working :) , disappeared from the descriptions of the place of residence, and it may turn out that within a radius of several hundred meters you have someone who could help. You need to download a diagram to this meter and think what could shoot after turning on the charged capacitor. As the situation with the capacitor repeats itself, do not forget to share the damage in your case.
  • kristof_61
    Level 10  
    Hello.
    I'm going to watch it, I'll take some pics.

Added after 1 [hours] 2 [minutes]:

I read on the processor
    ATMEL
    MEGA328P
    U-TH
    35473D
    2007b3J
    Visually, no damage can be seen.
    I did the test without any element and it also shows interesting things.
    LCR-T4 electronics components tester ATMega328 - Test and Review LCR-T4 electronics components tester ATMega328 - Test and Review LCR-T4 electronics components tester ATMega328 - Test and Review LCR-T4 electronics components tester ATMega328 - Test and Review LCR-T4 electronics components tester ATMega328 - Test and Review LCR-T4 electronics components tester ATMega328 - Test and Review
  • PiotrPitucha
    Level 33  
    Hello
    Now with photos and diagrams, there is clarity. At 99.9 & you beat the analog inputs in the processor.
    The matter is simple because next to the processor there is a lot of space and even with a soldering iron it can be repaired.
    Note the 6 pads stacked 2x3, this is definitely a place for the CANDA connector for programming
    processor, so you can connect the programmer without any excuses. You just need to see in what order
    There are pins to solder the socket from the right side.
    If you don't have a steady hand, every mobile and computer service will sell such a processor.
  • DJCheester
    Level 16  
    I already wrote about it right under the first pictures that the processor to replace - you need to buy a new "clean" chip (not programmed), then a soldering iron in your hand and after the replacement you need to program a new chip - more on this topic

https://www.elektroda.pl/rtvforum/topic3372311.html

The above-mentioned 2x3 pin connector is the KANDA connector in the picture below you can see exactly how to connect the signals for the KANDA connector.

https://obrazki.elektroda.pl/1219969400_1503516373.jpg

Photo not mine comes from the above-mentioned topic.

Greetings ...