LCR-T4 electronics components tester ATMega328 - Test and Review

TechEkspert 108855 607
This content has been translated » The original version can be found here
  • Trabi
    Level 36  
    PiotrPitucha wrote:
    Hello
    And the grounds loaded?

Yes. The last (E) for me was set - after reading it from the processor - on FD. Setting it to FC causes the T4 to not turn on at all or it turns on for a second, maybe two and goes out. FD and it works, except that it measures nothing (the LED sees for example as MOS-FET).
    LCR-T4 electronics components tester ATMega328 - Test and Reviewfuse.jpg Download (13.15 kB) LCR-T4 electronics components tester ATMega328 - Test and Reviewfuseok.jpg Download (13.15 kB)
    I log from programming:
    Code:
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

>>>: avrdude -u -c usbasp -p m328p -P COM4 -B 0.5 -U flash:w:"C:\Users\User\Desktop\M328 firmware\m328.hex":a -U eeprom:w:"C:\Users\User\Desktop\M328 firmware\m328.eep":a -U lfuse:w:0xF7:m -U hfuse:w:0xD9:m -U efuse:w:0xFD:m

avrdude.exe: set SCK frequency to 1500000 Hz
    avrdude.exe: warning: cannot set sck period. please check for usbasp firmware update.
    avrdude.exe: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions

Reading | ################################################## | 100% -0.00s

avrdude.exe: Device signature = 0x1e950f (probably m328p)
    avrdude.exe: NOTE: "flash" memory has been specified, an erase cycle will be performed
                 To disable this feature, specify the -D option.
    avrdude.exe: erasing chip
    avrdude.exe: set SCK frequency to 1500000 Hz
    avrdude.exe: warning: cannot set sck period. please check for usbasp firmware update.
    avrdude.exe: reading input file "C:\Users\User\Desktop\M328 firmware\m328.hex"
    avrdude.exe: input file C:\Users\User\Desktop\M328 firmware\m328.hex auto detected as Intel Hex
    avrdude.exe: writing flash (24802 bytes):

Writing | ################################################## | 100% 25.81s

avrdude.exe: 24802 bytes of flash written
    avrdude.exe: verifying flash memory against C:\Users\User\Desktop\M328 firmware\m328.hex:
    avrdude.exe: load data flash data from input file C:\Users\User\Desktop\M328 firmware\m328.hex:
    avrdude.exe: input file C:\Users\User\Desktop\M328 firmware\m328.hex auto detected as Intel Hex
    avrdude.exe: input file C:\Users\User\Desktop\M328 firmware\m328.hex contains 24802 bytes
    avrdude.exe: reading on-chip flash data:

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 12.77s

avrdude.exe: verifying ...
    avrdude.exe: 24802 bytes of flash verified
    avrdude.exe: reading input file "C:\Users\User\Desktop\M328 firmware\m328.eep"
    avrdude.exe: input file C:\Users\User\Desktop\M328 firmware\m328.eep auto detected as Intel Hex
    avrdude.exe: writing eeprom (1024 bytes):

Writing | ################################################## | 100% 10.91s

avrdude.exe: 1024 bytes of eeprom written
    avrdude.exe: verifying eeprom memory against C:\Users\User\Desktop\M328 firmware\m328.eep:
    avrdude.exe: load data eeprom data from input file C:\Users\User\Desktop\M328 firmware\m328.eep:
    avrdude.exe: input file C:\Users\User\Desktop\M328 firmware\m328.eep auto detected as Intel Hex
    avrdude.exe: input file C:\Users\User\Desktop\M328 firmware\m328.eep contains 1024 bytes
    avrdude.exe: reading on-chip eeprom data:

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.61s

avrdude.exe: 1024 bytes of eeprom verified
    avrdude.exe: reading input file "0xF7"
    avrdude.exe: writing lfuse (1 bytes):

Writing | ################################################## | 100% 0.00s

avrdude.exe: 1 bytes of lfuse written
    avrdude.exe: verifying lfuse memory against 0xF7:
    avrdude.exe: load data lfuse data from input file 0xF7:
    avrdude.exe: input file 0xF7 contains 1 bytes
    avrdude.exe: reading on-chip lfuse data:

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.00s

avrdude.exe: 1 bytes of lfuse verified
    avrdude.exe: reading input file "0xD9"
    avrdude.exe: writing hfuse (1 bytes):

Writing | ################################################## | 100% 0.00s

avrdude.exe: 1 bytes of hfuse written
    avrdude.exe: verifying hfuse memory against 0xD9:
    avrdude.exe: load data hfuse data from input file 0xD9:
    avrdude.exe: input file 0xD9 contains 1 bytes
    avrdude.exe: reading on-chip hfuse data:

avrdude.exe: 1 bytes of hfuse verified
    avrdude.exe: reading input file "0xFD"
    avrdude.exe: writing efuse (1 bytes):

Writing | ################################################## | 100% 0.02s

avrdude.exe: 1 bytes of efuse written
    avrdude.exe: verifying efuse memory against 0xFD:
    avrdude.exe: load data efuse data from input file 0xFD:
    avrdude.exe: input file 0xFD contains 1 bytes
    avrdude.exe: reading on-chip efuse data:

avrdude.exe: 1 bytes of efuse verified

avrdude.exe done.  Thank you.
  • DJCheester
    Level 16  
    It is possible that I did not check the electrode software, so you say that you took the first steps ;) Bravo ;)
    Slingshot could fall, or actually measuring inputs from electrostatics, sometimes when you do not have the charges discharged from your hand, a spark jumps after touching the radiator - sometimes it could happen that you were holding an element and during checking, a charge could flow and damage the processor. And you have to remember about discharging the capacitors.

Best regards...
  • Trabi
    Level 36  
    I think so, because something has been "loading" lately ;) and I did not put on the armband. Well, tomorrow I will try to replace it and reprogram it. I will let you know what and how if I manage to replace it, because I have never mentioned such babies :D .
  • DJCheester
    Level 16  
    Hey, it's not so terrible - flux and hot Air and a few seconds and the second one is on, I was also afraid of these SMDs until I got acquainted with the Hot Air station - now I can not imagine working without it - and I used to get tired of a soldering iron.

I wish you success, let me know and good luck ;)
  • Trabi
    Level 36  
    And it went.

There was a bit of tension because it was the first time I was dealing with this baby. There was no problem with desoldering, hot-air did its job. Then coffee (to calm your hands ;) ), flux, setting a new prock and soldering; it went without a problem. I downloaded the factory soft - and the tester started from the first inclusion. Calibrate and works as it worked :D .

LCR-T4 electronics components tester ATMega328 - Test and Reviewpage.jpg Download (375.58 kB)

Again, I want to thank you very much for your help.
  • DJCheester
    Level 16  
    Hello, whenever I replace the chip or other integrated circuit, where there are a lot of pins, I catch a new circuit using a soldering iron, external pins so that the system does not move and then I heat it - it guarantees that the system will not move and will not short-circuit. But the circuit is soldered very nicely and neatly for the first time - a big applause ;)

I'm glad the hardware works ;)

Best regards....
  • PiotrPitucha
    Level 33  
    Hello
    How you have a tolerable wind and not a storm :) it's not necessary to catch the butt. If you have a sensible paste or even well-tinned pads, the system will flow precisely to the center of the pads and so nicely that you won't be able to position it better by hand.
    Recently, I had a dense layout, almost twice as thick as the Atmega in the TQFP, and I will have to solder it that way. Generally, it is better to do it on a hob, but sometimes, due to the lack of systems, part of the testing system is mounted and there is no way to heat from the bottom.
    best regards