Elektroda.com
Elektroda.com
X

Search our partners

Find the latest content on electronic components. Datasheets.com
Elektroda.com

uProg - small, fast, portable AVR programmer with SD

manekinen 137572 359
This content has been translated flag-pl » flag-en View the original version here.
  • tomastom
    Level 11  
    I would have one question about measuring the currents of the power source on which leg it takes place and whether a divider is used, I mean that I want to convert the system into a battery power supply and then use a linear stabilizer, but I would like to measure the battery itself and I do not know what cells can I use in this system, and it is known that when charging in the final stage, it will still jump up and I would not want to burn the system.
    Regards
  • piotrva
    VIP Meritorious for electroda.pl
    The system measures the supply voltage using Bandgap voltage - read about this method.
  • tomastom
    Level 11  
    Does this method compare the supply voltage to the reference voltage and does it mean that the current that supplies the entire system is measured and it is impossible to measure the cells themselves before using the linear stabilizer?
  • manekinen
    Level 29  
    The AVR circuit measures its own voltage inside, without the use of external pins. Well, saved pin as you look ;) It is not possible for him to measure the voltage from the outside.

A question in general: why a linear stabilizer for a battery? Browse the topic, the use of an ordinary rectifier diode in series with the battery ensures that the system receives the correct supply voltage. We will neither exceed the permitted voltage nor discharge too low the battery. There is no need to combine, unless you really want to have stable voltages on the programming signals.
  • tomastom
    Level 11  
    I was more concerned not to damage the programmer while charging the permanently connected battery, I wanted to connect it to a lithium cell charger with a USB socket so that it could be charged from a computer socket without disassembling the programmer.
    If this diode protects it effectively, there is no need to worry too much about it and use a stabilizer.
  • manekinen
    Level 29  
    Yes, just make sure what the diode has a slope. 0.6V will be ok. So from 4.2V it will be 3.6V. The programmer stops working below 3V, i.e. below 3.6V on the battery. The average operating voltage of the battery is 3.7V. This solution works, but you won't use up all your capacity.
  • adam-k
    Level 13  
    That is why "stabilizer".
    I know that this is an old topic, but maybe it will be useful to someone. Like tomastom, I wanted to power the uProg from the battery and be able to recharge it from the
    USB or power adapter. A better solution would be, for example, MCP1825 which has a Vdrop of about 210mV. On the one hand, it will protect the system against charging voltage, and on the other, it allows you to use the battery up to a voltage of 3.21V - much better.
  • darekplonka19
    Level 2  
    Hello, does the programmer support 32gb micro SD cards because after inserting the card, it writes that there is no SD card and now I do not know if it is the fault of the card or maybe the software. I am asking for any help.

Regards
  • darex120
    Level 18  
    Hello, so I bought a 128MB card, programmed the atmega, uploaded sd files to the noi card, unfortunately it does not work after turning on, it shows me SD ERROR, which may be the reason for the lack of an sd card, fus bits set, I tried batch 1.0, 1.2
  • Dariusz Goliński
    Level 22  
    And the card in what file system do you have?
  • J_Bravo
    Level 27  
    The card cannot be SDHC. 128MB should theoretically work.
  • darex120
    Level 18  
    this is an ordinary micro sd card, 128mb formatted fat32, uploaded files from the sd files directory to the card also do not know what the reason may be, 22uF / 16v capacitors or any ideas, and I will add that I am using an sd to micro sd adapter but it probably is not should be disturbing
  • Gienek
    Level 37  
    You already had the answer:
    Code:
    Karta nie może być SDHC

This micro SD card of yours certainly belongs to SDHC class 10. You need to find some "historic" Class 2 card and then the programmer will start working properly.
  • Gienek
    Level 37  
    Nothing is known from this description. Maybe it's a card from the "main frend" :D and with this, anything can happen.
  • darex120
    Level 18  
    Generally, the card is functional because it can see 128mb
  • Gienek
    Level 37  
    The card may be functional, but not compatible with this programmer. Most of the water is too fast.
  • darex120
    Level 18  
    Ok, thank you for your help, I will look for another Microsd card. Regards
  • Dariusz Goliński
    Level 22  
    It may be otherwise. And has this programmer ever worked for you?
  • darex120
    Level 18  
    after making the plate, assembling it, it started right away, but only the fault is on the card side, as I already did my own PCB in the form of a through-hole because I thought there was an error somewhere shallow smd, but it turned out the same no card
  • Dariusz Goliński
    Level 22  
    Has it moved in the sense that it has turned on or has it moved because you have read the card at least once?
    How did you program Prock?
  • darex120
    Level 18  
    So, the processor programmed in an external programmer, and more precisely through the ISP connector in the arduino uno, with the mkvcalculator fuse program, the bits are set, after switching on the LED will flash 3 times and the display will display the inscription no card for a moment, then it goes to the menu and shows the voltage level 3.3v, he did not read the card even once, despite the uploaded hex files to the flash directory, the entire description is probably powered from the power supply with regulated regulated voltage
  • Dariusz Goliński
    Level 22  
    1. Was this programmer set to 5V or 3.3V?
    2. You upload files to the card, but on top do you have the required folder structure?
  • darex120
    Level 18  
    I tried and at 3.3V and 5V, the directory structures are loaded on the card
  • Dariusz Goliński
    Level 22  
    Well, I have 2 more suggestions.
    When I used the 5V programmer, I released the slingshot every time. And then he did not read.
    As I switched to 3.3 it was OK but with a new prock.
    I can also rip your card bit by bit so that you can recreate it at home.

PS
    I was just thinking. If you do not read your card, how did you set the brightness of the display? After all, he needs a config from the card.
    And do you have an animation after turning it on and off?
  • darex120
    Level 18  
    After programming the processor, setting the bits, turning on the lack of SD and going to the menu for animation, there is no processor, for sure, because I have several of them