Search our partners

Find the latest content on electronic components. Datasheets.com
Elektroda.com

Class A headphone amplifier

liseczq 7170 68
This content has been translated » The original version can be found here
    ramrusazer
    Level 13  
    In a word, humanity is deaf and blind. Without measuring instruments, you will not know if there is a copy or a printout, if someone played a violin in the piece or put a brick on the keyboard ;)
    yogi009
    Level 43  
    ramrusazer wrote:
    In a word, humanity is deaf and blind. Without measuring instruments, you will not know if there is a copy or a printout, if someone played a violin in the piece or put a brick on the keyboard

Well, you won't know it, you won't know it without measurements and calculations :-)
    ramrusazer
    Level 13  
    yogi009 wrote:
    ramrusazer wrote:
    In a word, humanity is deaf and blind. Without measuring instruments, you will not know if there is a copy or a printout, if someone played a violin in the piece or put a brick on the keyboard

Well, you won't know it, you won't know it without measurements and calculations :-)

"Teaches and Fun" electrode
    CodeBoy
    Level 27  
    Once in 2008, we were bought by a Xerox printer (a big cow, I don't remember the number anymore), unfortunately it was quite expensive in the service. but the girls in the board office distinguished whether it was a copy or pressure from a pen. the copy / scan was impossible for humans to see. a few times the scan went as the original and probably still lies in some archives :)

As for audio and sound, it is hard to disagree that the sound is also perceived with the eyes. Very often, the average amplifier from Technics or another popular company is considered top because it has wipers for the entire front. and after the backlight is broken, or worse, these wipers, it is suddenly perceived as average, which it was de facto from the beginning :)

I have a tube amplifier, hidden in a Sony housing, and a few people know that it is a tube :) But those who do not know think that Sony is playing this way ;)
    yogi009
    Level 43  
    CodeBoy wrote:
    I have a tube amplifier, hidden in the housing after Sony, and in total a few people know that it is a lamp but those who do not know that it is Sony that sounds like that

This is called a conscious choice.
    popiol667
    Level 17  
    yogi009 wrote:
    And what does that prove? That forty years ago a perfect amplifier was created and there is no point in improving anything? It's like with the Russian Lada, they created a perfect car right away and didn't fix anything for decades.

Not Russian, but Soviet if anything. The Lada is not a perfect car, and your emotional-off-topic entries add nothing to the discussion.

ramrusazer wrote:

My colleague understood everything upside down. No need for measuring instruments. It is enough for a blind test (no doping like knowing what's playing) to recognize when amplifier A is playing and when B is playing. Doping like measuring instruments is forbidden.

yogi009 wrote:
    Well, you won't know it, you won't know it without measurements and calculations

I am waiting impatiently for you to show me the proof that you can indicate which amplifier is playing without any measurements or calculations.

ramrusazer wrote:
    "Teaches and Fun" electrode

Rather depressing ....
    ramrusazer
    Level 13  
    With this deaf and blind humanity, it was a sneer.

Because right, as always, lies in the middle. The fact that one person is deaf and hears no difference between a violin and a viola. This does not mean that you need measuring equipment for this.

The same will be the case with an amplifier that has identical parameters (within reason) in two copies. They will both play the same.

Like my cousin, he was delighted with mp3 and heard no difference in the realization or cutting out dynamics and details after strong compression. For me, with music more "ambitious" than umck umck you can definitely hear the difference. I have no technical background in audio. Except for flowery terms, I don't know what else to call holography or microdetails.

Anyway, an example. A very well-made Preisner album, a concert from Wieliczka. Where you can hear the audience well. After mp3 compression, the effect loses a lot of audibility.
    Similarly, for example, the album Amused To Death, where there is even a nice text in the description of the album. That if you don't hear a dog barking at some point outside the door on the (probably) left side. It's your gear that sucks, to put it mildly ;) .

It would take a long time to list albums where the difference is significant even for a musically uneducated person.

Again, one of the most famous production mishaps is the Metallica death magnetic ... album, which belongs to Loudness war.

That's all the offtop ;) .
    conisl
    Level 10  
    Hello,

I am looking at the photos of the amplifier and I cannot see the heat sink mounts from the power supply. Could they only stick to the legs of transistors? It seems to me that such a solution is not very strong mechanically. A slight shock is enough, for example when moving from shelf to shelf and the legs of the transistors loaded with heat sinks may bend and cause a short circuit.

greetings
    yogi009
    Level 43  
    I already wrote above that heat sinks are not needed in this application.