Elektroda.com
Elektroda.com
X

Search our partners

Find the latest content on electronic components. Datasheets.com
Elektroda.com

Atmega Fusebit Doctor (HVPP + HVSP) - fix fusebits

manekinen 218785 342
This content has been translated flag-pl » flag-en View the original version here.
  • pawel26021995
    Level 12  
    Yes, and after entering the programmer it worked, new with factory settings, I changed the settings to internal 2MHz and Atmega Fusebit Doctor restored to 1MHz, the programmer read this chip and can be programmed, only with these 4 I have a problem because the programmer cannot see them, I use the programmer USBasp
  • manekinen
    Level 29  
    So if another 28pin casing is handled correctly, it can be assumed that the device is assembled correctly as well. It looks like the first 2 procki are beaten amen. The third one does not respond to the programmer at all, as it would not enter the programming mode. The fourth one may enter but it does not show the signature, did you try to enter it manually? Can you then read the fusks?
  • pawel26021995
    Level 12  
    I entered the signature manually but it didn't help. Can you do something with them or should you rather throw them away ??
    Code:

Welcome                                                                         
    AVR Atmega fusebit doctor (HVPP+HVSP) version 2.11                             
    http://diy.elektroda.eu/atmega-fusebit-doctor-hvpp                             
    Usage in commercial/profit purposes not allowed                                 

MANUAL HVPP MODE                                                               

Init programming...  DONE                                                       
    Read signature...    FF FF FF - FAIL!                                           
    Trying T2313 pinout..FF FF FF - FAIL!                                           
    Type the signature:  1E9307                                                     

Searching chip...    no names in 8kB ver                                       
    Read fusebits...     L:FF H:FF E:00                                             
    Should be...         L:E1 H:D9 E:00                                             
    Lockbits...          DISABLED (FF)                                             

What to do?...                                                                 
    1 - write fusebits                                                             
    2 - modify fusebits                                                             
    3 - set lockbits                                                               
    4 - chip erase                                                                 
    5 - end                                                                         

Chip erase...        DONE                                                       

What to do?...                                                                 
    1 - write fusebits                                                             
    2 - modify fusebits                                                             
    3 - set lockbits                                                               
    4 - chip erase                                                                 
    5 - end                                                                         

Writing E1 D9 00...  DONE                                                       
    Verifying...         L:FF H:FF E:00- FAIL!                                     
    Please try again...                                                             

What to do?...                                                                 
    1 - write fusebits                                                             
    2 - modify fusebits                                                             
    3 - set lockbits                                                               
    4 - chip erase                                                                 
    5 - end                                                                         

Writing E1 D9 00...  DONE                                                       
    Verifying...         L:FF H:FF E:00- FAIL!                                     
    Please try again...                                                             

What to do?...                                                                 
    1 - write fusebits                                                             
    2 - modify fusebits                                                             
    3 - set lockbits                                                               
    4 - chip erase                                                                 
    5 - end
  • manekinen
    Level 29  
    If you are sure the doctor is working fine (tensions etc), then it's rubbish. Verify your system in which you use them, because something is wrong if they die like that.
  • pawel26021995
    Level 12  
    The programmer is definitely functional, I programmed many other processors with it and there was no problem, only recently when I started to change fusebits, later I could not read some processors, in some cases it was enough to connect quartz. The doctor's bed on the breadboard and I will check the layouts again.
  • pawel26021995
    Level 12  
    After assembling the doctor on the breadboard, it did not help, it is still the same, i.e. the systems to be thrown away?
  • yogi009
    Level 43  
    I would like to be sure about how to program the "doctor" (atmega8) circuit. Is it enough to just dump the .hex itself to the flash memory and leave the rest of the factory settings? It's about frequency, fuse bits, etc. For now, I don't want to run the function of reading messages from the console. Does the type of atmega matter: atmega8A, 8P or 8L? I put the whole thing together, the voltages seem to be there (although their reading is very short and I'm not sure if the high voltage + 12V has this value), but the red LED lights up and it stays that way. I looked like February, now I would like to eliminate any errors in programming the system. Best regards.
  • manekinen
    Level 29  
    The questions are answered in the layout description. The description here on the electrode is not updated because it is problematic, each time the changes must be approved by the moderator, which I completely do not understand, and because he does not always approve it, you have to watch it - so I just let it go. The current description is on the home page of the system, here http://mdiy.pl/atmega-fusebit-doctor-hvpp/. The FAQ section has been updated recently and seems to have all the tips for starting problems.

One of the following microcontrollers can be used as a doctor-circuit: Atmega8, Atmega88, Atmega88P, Atmega168, Atmega168P, Atmega328, Atmega328P - and their newer / low-voltage versions "A" or "L". Wsady are located in appropriately described folders.

Internal 1MHz clock and EESAVE bit on, see README file.
    If you use the new chip as a doctor, you don't need to change anything because the factory settings are good and the chip works on the internal 1MHz.

This is how you put in the hex or bin itself.
  • yogi009
    Level 43  
    Thanks for the confirmation, of course I read the material from your site, but when something does not work, I always try to ask at the source and twice :-) I am not sure if I programmed this EESAVE bit, the rest went as described. I understand that the charge for Atmega 8 and Atmega 8L is the same?
  • manekinen
    Level 29  
    EESAVE is optional. So the same, they differ only in supply voltage and work. If your red LED crashes and you don't know why, I don't know even less :) and just attach it to the terminal to make it easier.
  • yogi009
    Level 43  
    Yes, I will have to craft this module for the terminal.
  • sabyes
    Level 2  
    I build v2h and burn to atmega8A-PU. The micro do not work. When I touch some pin it will start. The other problem was the voltage at +12 V when I press reset it drop to 8.5 volt.

Please help.

I check more. I took the Atmega8A out from the circuit board and re wiring on the proto board. Connect to PC. When start, The message stop at Init programming...

This is my log file.

Started 7/28/2014 17:10:02.33

Welcome

MANUAL HVPP MODE

Init programming...

How can I solve this problem?.....
  • sabyes
    Level 2  
    sabyes wrote:
    I build v2h and burn to atmega8A-PU. The micro do not work. When I touch some pin it will start. The other problem was the voltage at +12 V when I press reset it drop to 8.5 volt.

Please help.

I check more. I took the Atmega8A out from the circuit board and re wiring on the proto board. Connect to PC. When start, The message stop at Init programming...

This is my log file.

Started 7/28/2014 17:10:02.33

Welcome

MANUAL HVPP MODE

Init programming...

How can I solve this problem?.....

On the Proroboard. Atmega8A-PU 2.11hex, Internal 8MHZ , EESAVE enabled with EEprom. Buadrate 38400

I solve the problem by pullup pin23(PC0) with 10K. But I do not known, Is it the right way or not ????????

After I pullup pin23 and connect RS232 only pin3. The RS232 show as below and the green light LED on.

Welcome

AUTOMATIC HVPP MODE

Init programming... DONE
    Read signature... 20 21 22 - FAIL!
    Trying T2313 pinout..20 21 22 - FAIL!

No chip in socket or chip does not responding

Please advise, Is this the correct way ??

Atmega Fusebit Doctor (HVPP + HVSP) - fix fusebits
  • manekinen
    Level 29  
    Check your components. 12V drop to 8,5V is not normal. If you put too weak pulldown resistor for 12V reset line, then falling edge of the reset line might be too long.

sabyes wrote:

This looks like it enters the programming mode, but you have some shorts or opens in data traces. Check your pcb twice with continuity tester.

And more, why did you set 8MHz clock? 1MHz is a proper clock for 2.11 firmware. Then use 4800 baudrate. If it runs 8 times faster than it should, all the timings and delays times does not meet those described in parallel programming section of datasheet - its 8 times too fast.
  • sabyes
    Level 2  
    manekinen wrote:
    Check your components. 12V drop to 8,5V is not normal. If you put too weak pulldown resistor for 12V reset line, then falling edge of the reset line might be too long.

sabyes wrote:

This looks like it enters the programming mode, but you have some shorts or opens in data traces. Check your pcb twice with continuity tester.

And more, why did you set 8MHz clock? 1MHz is a proper clock for 2.11 firmware. Then use 4800 baudrate. If it runs 8 times faster than it should, all the timings and delays times does not meet those described in parallel programming section of datasheet - its 8 times too fast.

Thankyou,
    I now reprogram fusebit to Internal 1MHZ

When I start to check my Atmega162 now it show 01 01 03 - FAIL!. That mean my Atmega was bad? can not repair ???
  • LA72
    Level 40  
    This is how I look at the schematic in the SMD version and something does not suit me.
    In the diagram, you used a circuit in the DIP28 housing, which has a slightly different arrangement of the pins.
    In the case of PCBs, this problem no longer exists.
    best regards
  • manekinen
    Level 29  
    sabyes wrote:
    When I start to check my Atmega162 now it show 01 01 03 - FAIL!. That mean my Atmega was bad? can not repair ???

Circuit is still not working properly. Check traces on pcb. Use good known chip to test the circuit, and then test bad chips.
  • Qanatoz
    Level 1  
    LA72 wrote:
    Hello
    As the SMD version is not very good, I tried to improve it.
    The whole was based on the author of the project.

Hello. I don't want to waste time repeating your project in SprintLayut. Can you send me the original file, not pdf format. I want to change the PCB for SMD stabilizers and reduce the size a bit. My email kimby(malpa)tut.by. I would be very grateful.
  • LA72
    Level 40  
    Qanatoz wrote:
    I don't want to waste time repeating your project in SprintLayut.

My scribble was done at Eagle.
  • bercik11palcow
    Level 18  
    Hello,
    I wanted to use this project to unlock one Prock. It does not pay off for me to etch the plate etc. I want to build this fusebit doctor on the contact plate. Question: What pins in the minimum configuration do I need to connect to unlock the uC? The microcontroller is Atmega64.
  • jankazik
    Level 16  
    I urge you to do however. This layout is brilliant in its simplicity and effects.
  • bercik11palcow
    Level 18  
    yes, only atmega64 is in TQFP and I made an adapter for it, only one with 2 rows of goldpin pins on each of the 4 sides of the chip. So these sockets will not give me anything in unlocking this processor anyway, and I will have to connect with cables anyway. So what do I need to connect to unlock my prock?
  • manekinen
    Level 29  
    If there were any redundant connections ... they wouldn't be. You have to plug everything in. If there are any problems, 99.9% of them are due to calls.
  • bercik11palcow
    Level 18  
    OK, I built this project for myself. Only now I do not know how to connect a microcontroller other than the sockets. I have Atmega64, and I guess I should connect as it is in the socket to MEGA16 / 32/644 ... But I do not know whether to suggest the names of the ports? or markings in brackets (type OC2, ICP)? For example, Atmega64 has a different SCK port number than Atmega16 / 32. I mean, if, for example, when the PAG pin reaches the PD7 pin of the Atmega16 / 32 processor, I should also connect my atmega to PD7? or where is OC2?
  • piotrva
    VIP Meritorious for electroda.pl
    Please refer to the processor datasheet, there is a Paralell Programming chapter (in the Memory Programming section) and the names of signals that occur in HVPP mode are described there.
    The same description is in the "doctor" documentation - this is what you have to suggest.
  • Groteska8
    Level 2  
    Hello,
    I have a problem with the Atmega328P microcontroller. I tried to upload the bootloader from Arduino. As a result, the processor got stuck. I used Atmega Fusebit doctor to unlock it. Now the Atmega can be programmed, but new Fusebits cannot be uploaded.
    They are currently set to:
    efuse: 0x07
    hfuse: 0xD9
    lfuse: 0x62
    The Avr burn o mate program prints a failure message when I try to save the default fusebits:
    0xFF; 0xD9; 0x62.
    I am asking for help in solving the problem.
  • dondu
    Moderator on vacation ...
    Hello.

The Extended Fuse Byte for ATmega328 / 328P table shows that the bits you currently have programmed in extended (# 3 to # 7) are not used. Therefore, if the grounds are set like this, everything should work as it should, unless there is something I don't know about.
  • Groteska8
    Level 2  
    The problem persists. In order to check, I used atmega8. It read the Fusebits without any problems and uploaded the others.